2nd Aug 2021- Des Moines Catholic Worker beg list

Frank Cordaro

Aug 27, 2021, 9:55:42 AM8/27/21
to Iowa Peace List
*** In addition, four catholic workers have left since our last beg list, so the workload has ramped up for us who are left. We would love some volunteers to help with weekend shifts (especially Sundays) and meals. Also, we are looking for new workers. If you know anyone who is interested in volunteering or being a live-in worker, we would love to hear from you. All must be vaccinated!

Hello Beloved Friends of the Catholic Worker,

We hope you are doing well. The past month, our house has hummed with the usual activity of guests. We gave a lot out, and our supply bins have slowly emptied. In Particular, we are nearly out of hygiene and clothes. If you would like to help us meet our neighbors' needs, please drop off donations at the Dingman house. Below is a list of needed items.

1) Hygiene:
Shampoo
Conditioner
Deodorant
Razors
Soap
Lotion
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Toilet paper
Fingernail paints
Foot powder/baby powder
Masks (covid)

2) Clothes:
T-shirts
Shorts
Socks
Underwear
Shoes

3) Food/Food-related:
To-go Boxes
Plastic forks and spoons
Plastic bags small & large for carry outs and garbage
To-go coffee cups and lids
Pastas
Cream Soups & Velveeta Cheese for cooking
Soy Sauce

4) Sleep stuff:
Blankets
Sheets
Sleeping Bags

5) Other:
Umbrellas
Tarps

House Needs:
Murphy's Oil Soap
Clothes Detergent

We are very thankful for your partnership in serving the poor. We are our best when we work together.

All the best,
The Des Moines Catholic Worker

For more info and delivery contact:
Frank Cordaro <frank....@gmail.com> 515 490 2490
Austin Cook <Austin.b...@gmail.com>  515 9718721

Finally; If you wish to make a direct $ donation through our DMCW Paypal account go to: https://paypal.me/dmcatholicworker?locale.x=en_US
---

Hours Open:

Monday- Closed
Tuesday- 3-6:30 pm
Wednesday- Closed
Thursday- 3-6:30 pm
Friday- 3-6:30 pm
Saturday- 12-2 pm
Sunday- 3-6:30 pm
---

Main #  515 214 1030
DM Catholic Worker web page (new)
http://desmoinescatholicworker.com/
Follow the DMCW FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/DesMoinesCatholicWorker/
1976-2020 via pacis archives
https://viapacis.wordpress.com/
---

Previous Covit19 beg list postings:
https://frankcordaro.wordpress.com/2021/08/07/previous-covit19-beg-list-postings/
cooking soup.jpg
20882178_10214414184048663_3769201260627487400_n.jpg