NEW Regents OER Grant Opportunity

Abbey Elder

Jun 22, 2021, 9:55:02 AM6/22/21
to Iowa OER
Good morning! On behalf of Iowa State University, University of Iowa, and University of Northern Iowa, I have an exciting announcement!

The Iowa Regent institutions are happy to announce a joint funding opportunity for the creation of Open Educational Resources (OER): the 2021 Regents OER Grant Program. This new Open Educational Resources (OER) grant program is open to teams of 2-4 faculty, staff, and graduate students at the Iowa Regent Universities. The program is available this year only thanks to the support of Governor's Emergency Education Relief Fund (GEER Fund), which was established in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.

There are two types of awards available:

  • Ancillary projects: up to $1,500 per team member to create slides, case studies, test banks, or activities to accompany an existing open textbook
  • Full textbook projects: up to $7,500 per team member to create an open textbook, handbook, or lab book

The full call for proposals, proposal form, and evaluation rubric are available on our institutional websites.

For more information:

Websites:

Sincerely,

Abbey Elder, Iowa State University

Mahrya Burnett, University of Iowa

Anne Marie Gruber, University of Northern Iowa