New OER from Iowa State University

Abbey Elder

Aug 30, 2021, 3:10:12 PM8/30/21
to Iowa OER
Good afternoon!

I am excited to announce the publication of a batch of new open textbooks, lab books, and more from the Iowa State University community! All of these texts were either developed with support from ISU's Miller Open Education Mini-Grant Program, or otherwise supported by our OER Program

Please look through the list of resources below and share with anyone you know who may be interested:

Books

Food Product Development Lab Manual
Authors: Kate Gilbert and Ken Prusa
A practical how-to illustrating the process of developing a new food product from ideation and formulation to processing and lastly commercialization. This book highlights the overall process and gives instructions for each of the steps along the way.

Teaching Math for Emergent Bilinguals: Building on Culture, Language, and Identity
Authors: Ji-Yeong I and Ricardo Martinez
This book is designed for pre-service/in-service teachers and others who will work or work with K–12 students who have linguistically and culturally diverse backgrounds, especially students of other languages (English language learners/Emergent bilingual/multilingual).

Authors: Timothy Kochem, Monica Ghosh, Lily Compton, and Elena Cotos
This digital book is meant to serve as an instructional tool for both learners and teachers in the field of pronunciation. Topics covered include vowel and consonant sounds, word stress, thought groups, prominence, and intonation.

Library 160: Introduction to College-Level Research
Authors: Iowa State University Library Instruction Services (Cara Stone, Kris Stacy-Bates, Erin Thomas, and Abbey Elder)
Intended to support first-year students in a 1-credit course, Introduction to College-Level Research includes 5 chapters: Getting started with research, Locating information, Search techniques, Evaluating information, and Using information ethically.

Find more
Ancillaries
(Now--or soon!-- in OER Commons)

Thank you for reading, and have a great semester!

Abbey Elder (she/they)
Open Access & Scholarly Communication Librarian
Iowa State University