New OER for Class Piano I

Abbey Elder

Aug 25, 2021, 10:05:50 AM8/25/21
to Iowa OER
Good morning!

Do you know any faculty or students interested in teaching/learning Class Piano? Well, I have great news for you! Please share the following message or the attached handout with your instructors to spread the news!

Iowa State University's Class Piano & Piano Pedagogy teaching professor Dr. Janci Bronson has created a YouTube education channel designed to support student virtual learning within group piano and/or private lessons. Sponsored by the Miller Open Education Mini-Grant Program at Iowa State University, the channel covers the following key topics:  beginning keyboard technique, sight-reading, transposition, scales, arpeggios, chords, harmonization, and improvisation.

Note: Each video comes with closed captions, brief descriptions, suggestions to related videos, and chapters (“show more” under the video description).

We hope you may find these supplemental videos helpful to share with your group piano students. We welcome your feedback and suggestions to continue improving the videos.

Best wishes on the start of your academic year, and stay tuned for more textbook and video announcements from me later this week!

Abbey Elder (she/they)
Open Access & Scholarly Communication Librarian
Iowa State University
Phone: 515-294-5753
Bronson video poster and social graphic.pdf