State Agreement with Google

Mary McCleary

Apr 30, 2012, 10:03:30 AM4/30/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
This may be a question that has been answered, but we are preparing to move all of our staff to Google e-mail.  We have been on docs for over a year.  Does anyone have any information about if the state will or will not be renewing the agreement with Google, or will we be looking at a fee before long?

Thank you!

Mary

Mark Huppert

Apr 30, 2012, 10:09:34 AM4/30/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
I believe Google provides Google Apps for education to all K-12 entities for free. You just have to go through the application process.

===========
Mark D. Huppert
Technology Coordinator
Central Decatur Schools
1201 NE Poplar
Leon, Iowa 50144

===========
Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any attachments are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.§§2510-2521 and contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not review, use, disclose, distribute, copy, or forward this email.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy any and all copies of the original message.
===========

Stacy Behmer

Apr 30, 2012, 12:23:46 PM4/30/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
At this point in time Google Apps for Edu will remain free.

Stacy L. Behmer

Twitter: sbehmer
Skype: stacy.behmer
Google Voice: 319.438.2317
Google Apps for EDU Certified Trainer & Certified Teacher

"Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve." -Roger Lewin

Contact me: Google Talk sbe...@gmail.com Skype stacy.behmer
Twitter Latest tweet: If you front load students with information then you can’t really use inquiry! @C21Institute #gwaea
  Get this email app!
My QR VCard
Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

Mary Mccleary

Apr 30, 2012, 2:46:41 PM4/30/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
We are currently using it for students, and the docs and sites for teachers under our domain.  We are looking at ditching our old mail system and moving the staff.  I just wanted to be sure that this was not going to be a problem and we would have to move yet again in a few years.

Thank you for your reply!

Mary

On Monday 04/30/2012 at 1:43 pm, Mark Huppert wrote:
[...]

Stacy Behmer

Apr 30, 2012, 2:51:08 PM4/30/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
You are good to go Mary!