Temporary relocation of the ‘Manage this domain’ link for Administrators in Gmail

Stacy Behmer

Oct 27, 2011, 9:38:20 AM10/27/11
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
Don't know if you all saw this, but I wish I would have seen it before I went hunting for the link last night!

Google Apps administrators have a link available in their Gmail inbox which allows them to easily access their administrator control panel. This link is an alternative to logging in at www.google.com/a/yourdomain.com where yourdomain.com is the name of the admin’s domain.

Diane Nitzel

Dec 2, 2011, 12:11:57 PM12/2/11
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
Apparently they keep moving it.  After I read the blog, where it said it was in the lower right hand corner, then next time I went to access it, they had moved it to under my username in the drop down box.  Now it's gone again and I haven't been able to find it for 2 days.  Does anyone know what they did with it now?

Diane Nitzel

Dec 2, 2011, 12:15:29 PM12/2/11
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I knew that as soon as I posted this, I would find it.  It is under the little display settings gear in the upper right hand side of the screen under my username.  Maybe that is where I found it last time.  I'm so confused!!!! :-/

Mark Huppert

Dec 2, 2011, 12:19:24 PM12/2/11
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
It is under the gear icon in the upper right corner. Not the one by your e-mail address - the larger one in a grey rectangle just below that.
===========
Mark D. Huppert
Technology Coordinator
Central Decatur Schools
1201 NE Poplar
Leon, Iowa 50144

Phone   641-446-4816
FAX      641-446-7990

e-mail:        mark.h...@centraldecatur.org
===========
Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any attachments are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.§§2510-2521 and contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not review, use, disclose, distribute, copy, or forward this email.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy any and all copies of the original message.
===========

Sharon Chase

Dec 2, 2011, 12:31:29 PM12/2/11
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
I only have the gear by my email address.

Sharon

Mitch Dowhower

Dec 2, 2011, 12:36:58 PM12/2/11
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
You will only see the new gear on the new look.

Here is the reason for the new Gear icon:  http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/next-stage-in-our-redesign.html

Mitch Dowhower
Google Apps for Education Certified Trainer
712.204.2168
mdow...@gmail.com

Twitter LinkedIn about.me Blogger Google Plus