Google Sites Background Colors

Diane Nitzel

Dec 7, 2011, 2:10:39 PM12/7/11
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
I've been experiencing some issues with Google Sites and background colors.  I started off with the Iceberg Theme and then added a photo for a background and was able to change the background colors of all the areas except for the background that is behind the sidebar area.  I was able to get the sidebar area to change, but not the area behind it.  my sidebar is actually only about 3 inches long, but the area behind it is the same size as the content area.  I've changed the background color for everything that said background color, but I can't get that area to change.  I'm not sure if I haven't stumbled upon the correct area name, if it is a bug within Sites, or if it just isn't supported.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I've also tried to have no background color for the content area and the sidebar areas and can't get that to happen either.  The only area that the None selection worked was for the Site Header.  Any thoughts or suggestions?