Subscribing to Google Sites

Diane Nitzel

Feb 2, 2012, 12:10:57 PM2/2/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have an easy way to allow people to subscribe to a Google Sites Announcements page?

Stacy Behmer

Feb 2, 2012, 12:15:36 PM2/2/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com

If you make sure the page is public then they can get an rash feed option. You can also have them subscribe to page changes if they are invited to the site.

Andy Crozier

Feb 2, 2012, 12:36:37 PM2/2/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
What is this rash feed you speak of?
--
Andy Crozier
Andrew Community School District

Stacy Behmer

Feb 2, 2012, 12:38:21 PM2/2/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com

Auto correct! Thank you ever so much for catching my error. RSS

Diane Nitzel

Feb 2, 2012, 12:43:25 PM2/2/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
Ok, it looks like we had not yet made our site public and as soon as we did, we got the subscribe link.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Diane Nitzel <dni...@saintfrancisschool.org> wrote:
Does anyone have an easy way to allow people to subscribe to a Google Sites Announcements page?

--

Diane Nitzel

"Everything you do, everything you say, everything you think should be for love of God and love of neighbor--everything, everything! Always to build up, never to tear down. If you live this way, you will be living in God's Will." ~ Blessed Mother Teresa

Diane Nitzel
Technology Coordinator
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School
7075 Ashworth Rd.
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266

Matt Schmitz

Feb 3, 2012, 11:04:53 AM2/3/12
to Iowa Google Apps Group
Feed Burner makes it easy to have email updates sent to subscribers
with Announcement updates as often as you'd like. It uses the RSS
feed to generate the content for email.

You can see an example on our website: www.ahst.k12.ia.us and click
the link above our announcement gadget on the home page.

On Feb 2, 11:43 am, Diane Nitzel <dnit...@saintfrancisschool.org>
wrote:
> Ok, it looks like we had not yet made our site public and as soon as we
> did, we got the subscribe link.
>
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Diane Nitzel <
>
> dnit...@saintfrancisschool.org> wrote:
> > Does anyone have an easy way to allow people to subscribe to a Google
> > Sites Announcements page?
>
> --
>
> Diane Nitzel
>
> "Everything you do, everything you say, everything you think should be for
> love of God and love of neighbor--everything, everything! Always to build
> up, never to tear down. If you live this way, you will be living in God's
> Will." ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
>
>  Diane Nitzel
> Technology Coordinator
> St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School
> 7075 Ashworth Rd.
> West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
> (515) 457-7167 ext. 336
> dnit...@saintfrancisschool.org

Diane Nitzel

Feb 3, 2012, 11:43:42 AM2/3/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com

Diane Nitzel

Apr 2, 2012, 2:57:36 PM4/2/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
Yes, what is a rash feed option?

On Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:15:36 AM UTC-6, Stacy Behmer wrote:

If you make sure the page is public then they can get an rash feed option. You can also have them subscribe to page changes if they are invited to the site.

Diane Nitzel

Apr 2, 2012, 3:10:33 PM4/2/12
to iowa-google...@googlegroups.com
Matt, we used FeedBurner to create a feed, when we try to subscribe to a feed in Google Chrome, all we get is code.  We are able to add it to Internet Explorer's Feed tab, but not sure how to set up an email subscription.  How did you do that?