THANK YOU!

1 view

Iowa City Guerrilla Queer Bar

Mar 7, 2009, 9:32:38 PM3/7/09
to Iowa City Guerrilla Queer Bar
Dear Guerrillas:

Thank you to everyone who came OUT and showed your support for our
second ICGQB. Over 250 of us braved potentially uncomfortable
territory to truly infiltrate a neighborhood straight bar. It was
quite an event – one that has likely sparked many conversations
surrounding inclusivity and acceptance.

Even though this bar proved to be much more of a challenge due to the
size of the crowd and the bar, we were so very proud of the great
conversations, fabulous music, make-shift dance floor, and lesbian-led
dance train. Aside from providing a bit of FUN, these events
accomplished so much more. The power of these interactions is indeed
the true reason why the Guerrilla Queer Bar has been so successful in
cities across the country.

When we initially checked out PINTS, we were not aware of the size of
the crowd that regularly attends on Fridays. We understand that many
of you had to wait in line outside just to get in. While this served
as a powerful visual for the ICGQB, it was an unfortunate
inconvenience that was out of our control. Next time, we will do our
best to have a more clear picture of what the bar environment is like
on a typical Friday night.

And of course – the BEST part of the ICGQB is that our impact is
constantly growing as we diversify our experiences. That being said,
we’ll be back on FRIDAY, APRIL 3 with a brand new bar for you to
infiltrate and a new scene for you to try out.

Have recommendations for future targets? We’d love to hear them! Join
your fellow guerrillas in posting on our facebook group discussion
board (http://snurl.com/dd0iq) or shoot us an email at
iowaci...@gmail.com.

Over and OUT,

-ICGQB (http://groups.google.com/group/iowa-city-guerrilla-queer-bar)