IOOS CodeLab new R notebook accessing netCDF and ERDDAP and new gallery page

1 view

Mathew Biddle - NOAA Federal

Jun 12, 2024, 3:50:53 PMJun 12
to ioos...@googlegroups.com
Hello ioos_tech!

IOOS recently published a new notebook to the IOOS CodeLab entitled “Interpolate MURSST to great white shark telemetry track with R and ERDDAP” which highlights the use of netCDF in the R programming language and uses the ERDDAP interpolate tool to extract Multi-scale Ultra-high Resolution (MUR) Sea Surface Temperature (SST) for the animal track. We hope you find this informative.

We have also built a Gallery page to provide a more visual way to navigate the various notebooks contained within the CodeLab.

As a reminder the IOOS CodeLab is a collection of tutorials and examples of how to access and utilize the many IOOS technologies and data sources available. This site is geared towards scientists and environmental managers interested in “diving deep” into the numbers and creating original plots and data analysis. Most notebook examples are written in Python, however, we also have a growing number of notebooks written in Matlab, and R.

The notebooks will come from a variety of authors including IOOS Program Office Staff, Regional Association data managers, and other IOOS partners. If you think you have a nice example you would like to share please see the Contributor Guide!

Thanks,

Matt

--
Mathew Biddle, Physical Scientist
NOAA/NOS

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal

Jun 12, 2024, 6:29:24 PMJun 12
to 'Mathew Biddle - NOAA Federal' via ioos_tech
If anyone is interested, rerddapXtracto::rxtracto() can also extract data along a track from an ERDDAP™ server using the interpolate service, see:

https://rmendels.github.io/rerddapXtracto_docs/articles/UsingrerddapXtracto.html#erddap-interpolate-service

-Roy
> --

**********************