Fwd: [ESIP-all] Call for Applications for the 2022 Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Community Fellows Program

Mathew Biddle - NOAA Federal

Sep 12, 2022, 4:15:01 PM9/12/22
to ioos...@googlegroups.com
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Allison Mills via ESIP-all <esip...@lists.esipfed.org>
Date: Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 2:39 PM
Subject: [ESIP-all] Call for Applications for the 2022 Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Community Fellows Program
To: <esip...@lists.esipfed.org>

Hi ESIP!

Please help us get the word out to recruit our next cohort of Community Fellows. We especially appreciate help reaching out to HBCUs, Indigenous community-serving institutions, and other historically marginalized groups who we want to invite more into our Earth science data community.

---

The ESIP Community Fellows are graduate students and postdocs (<2 yrs since graduation) interested in bridging the gap between informatics and Earth science. During their year-long position, each fellow receives a $2,000 stipend and supports one ESIP Collaboration Area in monthly calls and the broader community at ESIP’s January and July meetings.

Benefits:

  • Networking with professionals in your research field

  • Opportunities to share your research with a broader audience

  • Opportunities to learn collaboration best practices

  • Exposure to potential career tracks – government, industry, academic

Fellows must be able to attend both meetings to participate in the fellowship, as well as be able to work legally in the US. Learn about the 2022 Class of Community Fellows and apply by Friday, Oct 7.

Send questions to megan...@esipfed.org.

---

Allison Mills
Comms Manager, ESIP

I work remotely and live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (surprisingly, Eastern time), which is part of ancestral and contemporary Anishinaabe homelands. Learn more about honoring land acknowledgements

Mathew Biddle, Physical Scientist
NOAA/NOS
US Integrated Ocean Observing System Office
1315 East-West Highway
Silver Spring MD 20910
CF App - Fall 22.png