October IOOS DMAC Tech Webinar: Glider DAC

Kathleen Bailey - NOAA Federal

Oct 11, 2022, 2:55:48 PM10/11/22
to _NOS IOOS DMAC Announcements, ioos...@googlegroups.com, John Kerfoot
All,
Please join us Thursday, October 27th at 12 pm ET for the October DMAC Tech Webinar. Speaker, presentation, and connection information follow. Please note the new time for the webinar, which is intended to enable international participation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Title: Tracking the Status of Data Sets Submitted to the Glider DAC and Best Practices for Data Discoverability

Presentation Description:
This month we will discuss the release of the second version of the U.S. IOOS Glider DAC (GDAC) data set status page.  This new release provides views that facilitate the tracking of submitted data sets from submission by data providers all the way to GTS distribution and permanent archiving by NCEI.  Data set discovery and archiving are dependent on the quality of metadata included in the submitted data sets. We will also discuss some common pitfalls observed by the GDAC administration team and potential solutions.

Presenter Bio:
John Kerfoot is a reformed biological oceanographer who now leads data management efforts at the Rutgers University Coastal Ocean Observing Laboratory (RU-COOL). After earning his B.A in aquatic biology (1996), providing technical support on various R/V cruises (1997-1999), and earning M.Sc. (2000) in biological oceanography from the University of California at Santa Barbara, he came to RU-COOL (2001) as an instrument and field technician.  During this time he deployed and operated a variety of oceanographic instrumentation, focusing on glider operations.  A self taught software developer, John transitioned to data management in 2006 and has RU-COOL efforts in the collection, processing and distribution of a wide variety of real-time and delayed-mode oceanographic data sets, and is an enthusiastic proponent of the ERDDAP data server. He is a member of the Ocean Glider Data Management Task Team (https://www.oceangliders.org/taskteams/data-management/), which is charged with the design and implementation of the OceanGliders data specification.

Connection information:
DMAC Tech Webinar
Thursday, October 27 · 12:00 – 1:20pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/mjm-bivs-xpx
Or dial: ‪(US) +1 510-766-1962‬ PIN: ‪845 031 171‬#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/mjm-bivs-xpx?pin=1747299538628

Sincerely,

IOOS DMAC Team

--
Kathleen Bailey
U.S. Integrated Ocean Observing System

Kathleen Bailey - NOAA Federal

Oct 25, 2022, 4:18:42 PM10/25/22
to _NOS IOOS DMAC Announcements, ioos...@googlegroups.com, John Kerfoot
Hi all,
Just a reminder to join our DMAC Tech webinar focused on the Glider DAC this Thursday, October 27th @ 12 pm ET.

Details below...
Kathy

Kathleen Bailey - NOAA Federal

Oct 25, 2022, 6:08:53 PM10/25/22
to _NOS IOOS DMAC Announcements, ioos...@googlegroups.com, John Kerfoot
FYI - I do not have the ability to record this webinar, due to NOAA
software restrictions. If anyone has the ability to record this
please let me know.
Kathy

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 4:18 PM Kathleen Bailey - NOAA Federal

Kathleen Bailey - NOAA Federal

Oct 31, 2022, 2:56:16 PM10/31/22
to _NOS IOOS DMAC Announcements, ioos...@googlegroups.com, John Kerfoot
All,
Thanks to those who were able to attend the webinar last week, and for a great discussion!  In case you missed it, here are links to the recording and the slides:

Recording
Slides

The Glider DAC Support team welcomes any feedback or questions you might have -- glider.da...@noaa.gov (includes John, RPS developers, and me).
Or, if you'd like to reach out to John directly - jker...@marine.rutgers.edu