purple air monitor, real-time map

Jeremy Cothran

Apr 27, 2022, 3:24:25 PM4/27/22
to <ioos_tech@googlegroups.com>
Hi all,

I've been working on setting up some poorer community located flood sensors(camera,rain gauge, surface height detection) which also include other co-located 'purple' air monitor sensors. Similar to Personal Weather Stations these are low cost sensors, more oriented towards real-time public use leveraging a 'free' centralized data service(or Data Assembly Center in our parlance) for mapping/visualization and data sharing via API. While the domain and application here is more land than sea focused, the technical and community approaches and data interfaces and framework for time-series parameters I think are fairly common.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Real-time purple air map for Charleston, SC, clicking on various sites/stations will overlay their data in the top-left graph, hovering over the graph legend will high-light that station data, data download interface and further API links can be found by clicking the small down-down arrow icon in the map lower-left corner.\

Good talk from the inventor and owner of purple air Adrian Dybwad. He mentions how these have been used to supplement EPA efforts and towards the end mentions how this data framework can be re-used for other time-series sensor plug-ins or how the business might be sustained or improved further with other products.

#short article
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The-story-behind-website-Bay-Area-PurpleAir-16393480.php

Dwayne Porter

Apr 27, 2022, 3:26:58 PM4/27/22
to ioos...@googlegroups.com
Low wealth, not poorer!! And how are you doing? I am taking EJ STRONG folks on a tour of Rosemont tomorrow.

Sent by Dwayne ...