Upgarding firmware problems

tdg a

May 23, 2019, 5:42:22 AM5/23/19
to ioio-users
I have an old ioio which runs my app for more than 4 years, but now I have to upgrade the app.
I've switched to Android Studio and managed to compile the app, but it won't run on the ioio.
My logcat shows - ioio.lib.api.exception.IncompatibilityException: IOIO firmware does not support required firmware: IOIO0005
so I understand that I must upgrade the ioio's firmware (the current is 3.30 and my gradle file contains
implementation 'com.github.ytai.ioio:IOIOLibAndroid:5.05'
implementation 'com.github.ytai.ioio:IOIOLibAndroidBluetooth:5.05'
implementation 'com.github.ytai.ioio:IOIOLibAndroidAccessory:5.05'
implementation 'com.github.ytai.ioio:IOIOLibAndroidDevice:5.05'

I've installed the IOIO Manager app and the right firmware file (App-IOIO0506) and marked it with the yellow star.
I've connected my device (samsung S8) to the ioio board and then powered it on.
The red and the green leds turn on but it seems that nothing happens - after 10 seconds or so my device pops up a message -
"The connected device is unable to access data on this device..."
USB debugging is turned on.
Any ideas?