Trouble getting started with IOIO

macp...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2020, 6:49:06 PM12/9/20
to ioio-users

I recently bought an IOIO-OTG from Sparkfun and I'm having trouble getting it to work. I can see it on the bus, but when I run ioiodude, it just hangs.  I've tried both Windows and Linux, and I get the same result.  Here's what I've done:

Windows-  I installed the driver, and when I connect the IOIO, the Windows device manager shows the IOIO present at COM3.  Then I run ioiodude:
"ioiodude.bat --port=com3 versions"
At this point, the program hangs, and I get no output.  If I run ioiodude without any parameters, then it shows version and usage instructions, so I know its running OK.

Linux-  I installed the udev rule, and when I connect the IOIO, I'm seeing /dev/IOIO0 which is a symlink to /dev/ACM0.  I've tried running ioiodude using both ports:
"./ioiodude --port=/dev/IOIO0 versions"
"./ioiodude --port=/dev/ACM0 versions"
Both times, the program just hangs and I get no output.  In this case I can also run ioiodude with no parameters, and I see usage instructions.

I'm looking for suggestions.  Am I doing something wrong?  How can i debug this?
Thanks.
   -Dennis