IOIO Randomly Undetected

Maximillian

Dec 18, 2017, 10:25:05 PM12/18/17
to ioio-users
HI Guys,

I have some problem with IOIO.

I use IOIO to control relay & read some input.

Sometime I can use the IOIO normally for several transaction.

When the day is over, I didn't turn off the IOIO (keep it powered)

Randomly, the next day morning, the android can't detect the IOIO.

Sometime I can make it work again by just turn off and on again the IOIO.

But sometime it doesn't work and I don't know what to do.

The behavior I notice is that when I plug the cable to the Android, it doesn't automatically start my app.

Usually in normal condition, the app start automatically when I plug the cable..

Anybody has this issue? or have some workaround?

Thanks.

kkannan

Jan 13, 2018, 10:15:02 PM1/13/18
to ioio-users
I am having the same issue, in fact it is getting to the level of frustration.

Some solution is needed, fast. Or at least I can force the connection by resetting the board without plugging the USB.

Is there anyway MCLR can be connected to a small button or something ?

Kannan

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Jan 22, 2018, 4:28:22 PM1/22/18
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
See these possibly related issues:

Bottom line: Android handles OpenAccessory poorly and working around all its quirks requires firmware modifications, which I currently have no bandwidth to handle. Will be happy to accept patches.

pogono

Feb 24, 2018, 9:20:28 PM2/24/18
to ioio-users
I have a stand alone machine with IOIO & Android 4. I had problem of IOIO usb is not functioning properly for a reason & then system is out of order. Sometimes resetting IOIO helps, sometimes needed more trials. But the problem took my time and spent gazoline.
To solve my problem I designed a board which resets IOIO until USB works properly. I did not get any problem since then.

kumarasamy parvathakannan

Feb 25, 2018, 8:06:02 AM2/25/18
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pogono

That is a great news, I am trying to implement a similar solution.

I there any chance you can shed some light on the details?

Thanks
Kannan

kumarasamy parvathakannan

Mar 5, 2018, 9:21:19 PM3/5/18
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
OK, I connected a push button switch between mclr and ground and it does the job after hitting it few times. It could be automated by using a small mc I guess.