Connecting with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

DRAN

Mar 29, 2012, 2:31:53 AM3/29/12
to ioio-users
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. It is a GT-P7510. I want to connect
it to the IOIO board but am unable to. I have a Droid X which I
install the IOIO Sample App onto and plug into the board. The phone
recognizes the board, the screen is enabled, and I can turn on & off
the LED light. However when I install the same app onto the tablet and
plug it into the board, the debugging bug appears on the tablet but
the screen is never enabled on the app and I cannot change the status
of the LED. Any suggestions? I do not know if a new firmware needs
installed on the board for a different android version (2.3.3 Droid X
and 3.1 Tablet) ? Thanks.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Mar 29, 2012, 12:27:07 PM3/29/12
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
You don't need a special variant of the firmware, but older versions of the firmware had some issues that prevented some devices to work correctly. Those issues have been fixed. I cannot guarantee that every Android device now works, simply because I haven't tested each and every one of them, but I do know for fact that the fixes did resolve similar problems with some Android devices.
Since you do have one device that works with IOIO, you can check the logcat output produced by IOIOSimpleApp and look for a message describing the firmware versions on your board.
I recommend you try V3.03 bootloader and V3.23 app. If you can't upgrade your bootloader, just upgrade the app firmware and you may need to unplug-replug the USB after a IOIO power-up for it to work. If that's the case, upgrading your bootloader is likely to completely fix this (i.e. no need to unplug/replug).