IOIO-OTG as 'device' in android?

Christian Gutierrez

Apr 30, 2020, 12:38:08 PM4/30/20
to ioio-users
Hello,
The IOIO-OTG seems to be a great fit for what we are trying to do, but the documentation suggests that it cannot work as a USB device (as opposed to host) with an android device. Is this accurate?

We would like to power a project from a smartphone and we would like to test the phone's power delivering capabilities as well.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
--
Christian

Ivan Iveljic

Apr 30, 2020, 12:46:57 PM4/30/20
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hey I've got a question, how to change the ioio Bluetooth password?

Thanks in advance

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 30, 2020, 12:50:00 PM4/30/20
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
The IOIO can work as either a device or host, depending on which side of the USB cable is connected to it. You'd need to include the IOIOLibAndroidDevice library in your project. It can also work as a USB device with a PC app in a similar manner.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 30, 2020, 12:50:40 PM4/30/20
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
That would involve rebuilding the firmware as the pin is hardcoded in it.