Fwd: Ubuntu Localization

Jitendra Harlalka

Apr 23, 2010, 11:24:27 AM4/23/10
to Ubuntu Mailing List, ioe...@googlegroups.com, ubuntu-nepali...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jitendra kumar <jitendra...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:08 PM
Subject: Ubuntu Localization
To: FOSS Nepal <foss-...@googlegroups.com>

Hello all,
      We have long discussed the idea of localization of Ubuntu in Nepali language. OTRC (Open Technologies Resource Center) is currently undertaking the task and aims to build a community owned OS. As a means to engage everyone interested in this task, OTRC is planning to host a 1 day localization camp. I am sure everyone can find a way to contribute. There are a host of activities to contribute to the task.

Please find details at http://wiki.fossnepal.org/index.php?title=Ubuntu_Localization.

Please add yourself to the wiki to participate. As we have resource limitations, we can accomodate only 30 participants in the camp (you can obviously contribute from other locations) and will require participants to bring in their own laptops.

OTRC will manage logistics for the day. More details will follow as they become available.

  • Date: 1 May, 2010 (Tentative)
  • Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Venue: IBM Open Technologies Resource Center, IT Park (Banepa)
P.S. : How about a meeting on Tuesday 8:00 PM on IRC?

Regards,
Jitendra Harlalka

Jitendra Harlalka

Apr 26, 2010, 1:53:27 PM4/26/10