Re: Serious Concern

manish modi

Jul 27, 2010, 3:16:09 AM7/27/10
to ioeb...@googlegroups.com, ioefoss
Also we have astha network who is working in collaboration with mahabir pun

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:20 AM, manish modi <man...@janakitech.com> wrote:
Also mondialogo awards

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Abhishek Dutta <thelinu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I forgot meronepalma.com in the business startup section.

@Dhruba - sorry man :)

On Jul 26, 9:20 pm, Abhishek Dutta <thelinuxman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where should we start from? I think there are two things we can do
> right now:
>
> a) create a project page for each batch. In each page, we list the
> project title, abstract, project members, etc
>
> b) create a page that lists the achievements of IOE - Pulchowk Campus
> students (for example:
>     - the robotics club participations in Robocon
>     - mechanical dept student's aeroplane
>     - business startups - Diyalo, YIPL, JTPL
>     - our guys winning CHC61,
>     - seniors winning the IEEE CSDIC (cite this article "Top 10
> Student Teams Vie for $15000 CSIDC Prize",by E Resolution, July 2004,
> IEEE )
>     - our team getting 2nd prize in OSCN-2010
>     - KUCC 2008 first and second place position by our guys
>
> c) .....?? (what more can we write)
>
> I can do the task of creating project page. Can somebody do the
> Achievements page?
>
> Bye
>
> On Jul 24, 1:54 am, Rc Pandey <pul....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey gyz.....good job has been just started to know that ......happy
> > happy............
> > I am already in ......lets do it.............
>
> > On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM, manish modi <man...@janakitech.com> wrote:
> > > Dear All,
>
> > > Few days back I was talking to Jitendra about our college and opportunities
> > > in foreign colleges.
> > > I came to know that we have students near to zero in top tier universities
> > > in USA and other countries from our college.
>
> > > It was sad to know that, even we have got capabilities we are unable to
> > > compete for it.
>
> > > Despite of your score and portfolio, there are very few fundamental things
> > > that holds very important when you apply for top colleges in US or other
> > > countries.
>
> > > Obviously your college matters most. Lets say you apply to MIT and get
> > > shortlisted, then obviously, they will google your college.
> > > They will try to see the papers and achievements of the professor, who is
> > > giving you recommendation.
>
> > > And when it comes to Pulchowk Campus, its pathetic, so there is very very
> > > small chance you will get through it.
>
> > > We can't wait to see the lazy administrator will change things.
>
> > > So I think we have to do things on our own.
>
> > > There few things must be done immediately.
>
> > > Let me list them.
>
> > > 1. Wikipedia Article covering IOE, Pulchowk Campus.
> > > 2. Page for Pulchowk Campus
> > > 3. Site of department.
> > > 4. Page for Professors with their papers. (It can be black and white with
> > > template for all professors)
> > > 5. Mail Solution so that they use college email during recommendation.
>
> > > We can allocate online meeting on one holiday n collaborate to update
> [...]

Thanks and Regards
Manish Modi
Managing Director
===============================
Janaki Technology Pvt. Ltd.
man...@janakitech.com

+977-9841508410
Jawlakhel, Lalitpur
Nepal
===============================
Voida LLC
man...@voidallc.com

447 N, Riverside Drive, Apt S203
Iowa City, IA 52246
United States
===============================

--
Thanks and Regards
Manish Modi
Managing Director
===============================
Janaki Technology Pvt. Ltd.
man...@janakitech.com
+977-9841508410
Jawlakhel, Lalitpur
Nepal
===============================
Voida LLC
man...@voidallc.com
447 N, Riverside Drive, Apt S203
Iowa City, IA 52246
United States
===============================

Nitesh

Jul 27, 2010, 10:43:27 AM7/27/10
to ioe...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate the idea. But the college administration is so pathetic no doubt. I e-mailed sysa...@ioe.edu.np to crorect the typo in the title of the IOE's homepage and I din't get respone. Its been years they have written "institue" for "institute". Its a shame that being the top college of the country, IOE, Pulchowk doesn't have a proper web presence. Shame on that.

Nitesh

Dhruba Adhikari

Jul 27, 2010, 10:49:54 AM7/27/10
to ioe...@googlegroups.com
Nice going,

but why is everyone complaining and just complaining,

I want some actions going.

Has anyone started doing anything other than the discussions here.

May be you should check these pages.

Dhruba Adhikari
Meronepalma.com
म विश्चस्त छु मेरोनेपालमा

---
Meronepalma.com is me, not mine

Nitesh

Jul 27, 2010, 11:39:07 AM7/27/10
to ioe...@googlegroups.com
 I emailed the address again, got a positive response. The typo is corrected. Good to hear that.

Sanjay Subedi

Jul 27, 2010, 11:05:31 PM7/27/10
to ioe...@googlegroups.com
Dai,
It is a great problem u r facing now n we also have to face after we
pass out from our college.
We do have LOCUS-2010.
Pls let us know anything we can do from our side to give pressure to
administration or CIT to make IOE's site as ur wish. We can also talk
to them about this.

Regards
Sanjay Subedi
063bct534

>>> --

>>> ioefoss+u...@googlegroups.com<ioefoss%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

>>> .
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/ioefoss?hl=en.
>>>

>> --

>> ioefoss+u...@googlegroups.com<ioefoss%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Nitesh

Jul 28, 2010, 3:51:33 AM7/28/10
to ioe...@googlegroups.com
Why not have an event on LOCUS for IOE's portal. Contributions can be
made by everybody interested and they should get the credits too, but
the hard part is implementation. Will the sluggish system at IOE
implement it?

Nitesh

Jitendra Harlalka

Jul 28, 2010, 4:08:40 AM7/28/10
to ioe...@googlegroups.com, ioeb...@googlegroups.com

On 28/07/2010, Sanjay Subedi <thesa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dai,
> It is a great problem u r facing now n we also have to face after we
> pass out from our college.
> We do have LOCUS-2010.
> Pls let us know anything we can do from our side to give pressure to
> administration or CIT to make IOE's site as ur wish. We can also talk
> to them about this.

There are a lot of things that individuals can do together for better web presence of the institution. I believe we should do everything in our capacity as individuals collectively before we pressurize administration or CIT to play their part. Something like a list of projects accomplished and honors and  an informative Wikipedia article are things where we don't have to be dependent on college.

Lets do these things first and then it would be a good idea to talk to college administration for things we expect from them. And, probably pressuring wouldn't be needed if we are proper with our homework.

I hope we see enough individuals willingly to share their small effort to make huge impact.

~ Jitendra

P.S. Those who want to follow the complete discussion, please follow http://groups.google.com/group/ioealumni/browse_thread/thread/15e7bb38c9b66c32 thread.

manish modi

Jul 28, 2010, 3:38:25 PM7/28/10
to ioeb...@googlegroups.com, ioe...@googlegroups.com
There are few things I would like to put here.

We need IOE and Pulchowk campus history for wiki pages, I have asked about it, hopefully I will get that in couple of days

As told by Abhishek

We might broadly categorize it in two sections one project pages and another information about colleges

Abhishek you can take lead with project page structure and Jitendra about information structure.

I know its hard to complete all but we can start with few n than can shape it.

About website, I have got chance to talk Mukesh Keshari, we have pulchowk campus sub domain in ioe site.
So once we are done with some wiki work, than we can talk about proper content and design of our college site.

To work on wiki, it needs colloboration, not any single individual can complete it.

So either we can plan kind of get together this saturday, where we can bring laptops (who has got it) n all of us sit n work together in FSU Cafe or infront of CIT, if wi-fi works.

Or we can be online in irc/skype/gtalk n discuss n update content.

Everyone put your views.

Rc Pandey

Jul 31, 2010, 4:26:26 AM7/31/10
to ioe...@googlegroups.com
Everybody just talking about discussion but ..........I think we should have the discussion program or like getTogether very soon in the future as Manish said.........So, gyz lets do the things rather than more and more post and commments here .................
If we will have some live discussions then we would be able to plan to talk with CIT, Campus Admiminstration, Departments and others...................................
So, lets fix the date and place to meet first..........

Thank you

Rc Pandey

Jul 31, 2010, 4:40:02 AM7/31/10
to ioe...@googlegroups.com
I think the suitable date should be 7 Aug, 2010 saturday at FSU  cafe...........

manish modi

Aug 9, 2010, 2:41:05 AM8/9/10
to ioe...@googlegroups.com, ioebe2061, ioea...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

As per our discussion, we have started work in wiki for IOE and pulchowk campus.

I and Jitendra has prepared structure for IOE Page, though it might require lot of changes, but we some how managed to make basic structure for the page

Please check it here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Engineering

To enrich the section with content, we have put some content what we found in IOE site, and are still searching content for the page.

I think the brochure of entrance exam contain good information about administrative structure of IOE, so any who get chance, please grab a copy of it and fill with the content in the page.

Once we are done with IOE page, we can pulchowk campus page. But for Pulchowk page, we need to more brainstorming to make structure and section of page, we can arrange one meeting in FSU or mini hostel for this.

So, please put your thoughts on it. Also if anyone got any information, please update wiki.