Fwd: Ubuntu Localization through IRC

Jitendra Harlalka

Apr 27, 2010, 1:04:02 PM4/27/10
to foss-ne...@googlegroups.com, ioe...@googlegroups.com, Ubuntu Mailing List, ubuntu-nepali...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jitendra kumar <jitendra...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Subject: Ubuntu Localization through IRC
To: FOSS Nepal <foss-...@googlegroups.com>

Hello all,
     Sorry for a new thread on "Ubuntu Localization". The thread had grown too long and was getting difficult to follow.

     We have been discussing about Ubuntu localization camp on May 1, 2010 for past few days. Maoists have declared their protest on that very day. We still wanted to go with the camp but after consultation with several people, it seems that holding a camp at OTRC on May 1 might not be a very wise idea. So, we are postponing the camp unless this settles down :(

     However, there is not everything to be disappointed at. After the meeting on IRC that was scheduled for 8 PM today, we have decided that we do it through IRC itself. Hence, if you have Internet availability on Saturday, you can collaborate from your place. It would have been better if we could have a camp, but we can't let a bandh affect this localization drive. Camp is always on the cards, once things get stable. And, we hope that happens soon.

     We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Date: 1 May, 2010 (Saturday)
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Venue: irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-np

~ Jitendra