10th Birthday of Wikipedia in Kathmandu

1 view

Suraj Sapkota

Jan 11, 2011, 4:36:44 AM1/11/11
to FOSS-Nepal, IOE foss, nepaliwiki, FOSS Chitwan
Dear all,
Wikipedia is turning 10 on Jan 15th 2011. This is being celebrated worldwide in 314 venues, as of now. One of them is Kathmandu being organized by
Janaki Technology Pvt Ltd.
http://ten.wikipedia.org/
We would like to invite you to participate in the celebration of this grand event and make it a success.

Participant:
Anyone
Venue: IOE,  Pulchowk Campus
Time: 1PM Onwards

Please enlist yourself here (It will help us in Planning):
http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathmandu

--
Suraj Sapkota (ssapkota@twitter)
Janaki Technology (Pvt) Ltd.

Jitendra kumar

Jan 11, 2011, 5:06:16 AM1/11/11
to foss-...@googlegroups.com, IOE foss, nepaliwiki, FOSS Chitwan
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Suraj Sapkota <su...@janakitech.com> wrote:
Dear all,
Wikipedia is turning 10 on Jan 15th 2011. This is being celebrated worldwide in 314 venues, as of now. One of them is Kathmandu being organized by
Janaki Technology Pvt Ltd.
http://ten.wikipedia.org/

Wonderful. Lets make it a great event.

We would like to invite you to participate in the celebration of this grand event and make it a success.

Wouldn't it be great if we organize a HackJatra (http://hackjatra.pbworks.com) session on the same day. What can be better way to pay tribute to the spirit of Openness that drives Wikipedia!!

I propose that we meet at 9:30 AM at IOE, Pulchowk Campus to begin HackJatra session. Lets write some code. We would begin the Wikipedia b'day Celebration event at 1 PM as proposed by Suraj.

Participant:
Anyone
Venue: IOE,  Pulchowk Campus
Time: 1PM Onwards

Please enlist yourself here (It will help us in Planning):
http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathmandu

--
Suraj Sapkota (ssapkota@twitter)
Janaki Technology (Pvt) Ltd.

manish modi

Jan 11, 2011, 5:17:33 AM1/11/11
to ioe...@googlegroups.com, foss-...@googlegroups.com, nepaliwiki, FOSS Chitwan
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Jitendra kumar <jitendra...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Suraj Sapkota <su...@janakitech.com> wrote:
Dear all,
Wikipedia is turning 10 on Jan 15th 2011. This is being celebrated worldwide in 314 venues, as of now. One of them is Kathmandu being organized by
Janaki Technology Pvt Ltd.
http://ten.wikipedia.org/

Wonderful. Lets make it a great event.

We would like to invite you to participate in the celebration of this grand event and make it a success.

Wouldn't it be great if we organize a HackJatra (http://hackjatra.pbworks.com) session on the same day. What can be better way to pay tribute to the spirit of Openness that drives Wikipedia!!

HackJatra, really sounds great idea.

I propose that we meet at 9:30 AM at IOE, Pulchowk Campus to begin HackJatra session. Lets write some code. We would begin the Wikipedia b'day Celebration event at 1 PM as proposed by Suraj.

Participant:
Anyone
Venue: IOE,  Pulchowk Campus
Time: 1PM Onwards

Please enlist yourself here (It will help us in Planning):
http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathmandu

--
Suraj Sapkota (ssapkota@twitter)
Janaki Technology (Pvt) Ltd.

Naturally Nepal, ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH
Visit Nepal in 2011, Enjoy Nature and Hospitality

Thanks and Regards
Manish Modi
Managing Director
Janaki Technology Pvt. Ltd.

Suraj Sapkota

Jan 14, 2011, 8:32:47 AM1/14/11
to FOSS-Nepal, IOE foss, nepaliwiki, FOSS Chitwan
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Suraj Sapkota <su...@janakitech.com> wrote:
Dear all,
Wikipedia is turning 10 on Jan 15th 2011. This is being celebrated worldwide in 314 venues, as of now. One of them is Kathmandu being organized by
Janaki Technology Pvt Ltd.
http://ten.wikipedia.org/
We would like to invite you to participate in the celebration of this grand event and make it a success.

Participant:
Anyone
Venue: IOE,  Pulchowk Campus
Time: 1PM Onwards

Please enlist yourself here (It will help us in Planning):
http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathmandu

A quick notice:
We will also have a parallel Hackjatra session and Live Wikipedia-contribution session. So please bring you laptops and notebooks, if possible.
More:
http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathmandu

--
Suraj Sapkota (ssapkota@twitter)