KROMM: Grappling Question

Mike Sullivan

Feb 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/20/96
I posted this question earlier, sorry if I missed the answer.

Sean, in Pyramid #17 pp.78-9, you said that a grappled person is at -4 DX.
Where is this written? My edition of the Basic Set doesn't say that
under grappling. Someone posted a reply saying "Oh, yes, it's under
grappling," but not in my edition, nor is it in the errata (which it should
be if it's missing from earlier editions). When I asked that person for
a page number and exact quote, I got no reply.

Thanks for your help.

Peace, -Moriah <@io.com>

Dr Kromm

Feb 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/20/96
Mike Sullivan (mor...@io.com) wrote:
> I posted this question earlier, sorry if I missed the answer.
> Sean, in Pyramid #17 pp.78-9, you said that a grappled person is at -4 DX.
> Where is this written?

It is repeatedly referred to in GURPS Martial Arts, but is not a
rule from the Basic Set. Anyone telling you that they found that rule
written in the Basic Set is having you on. Nonetheless, it is a real
rule :-) Part of my job is to locate these "implied rules" and state
to all that they are "official" in all contexts.
-Kromm

--
Sean M. Punch o E-mail: o 4122 rue Rivard
(a.k.a. Dr Kromm) | At SJG: kr...@io.com | Montreal, Quebec

Mike Sullivan

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96
In article <4gbrnq$2...@nntp-1.io.com>, kr...@io.com (Dr Kromm) wrote:
>Mike Sullivan (mor...@io.com) wrote:
>> I posted this question earlier, sorry if I missed the answer.
>> Sean, in Pyramid #17 pp.78-9, you said that a grappled person is at -4 DX.
>> Where is this written?
>
> It is repeatedly referred to in GURPS Martial Arts, but is not a
>rule from the Basic Set. Anyone telling you that they found that rule
>written in the Basic Set is having you on. Nonetheless, it is a real
>rule :-) Part of my job is to locate these "implied rules" and state
>to all that they are "official" in all contexts.

OK, then, so that I'm not being had on again <grin>, could you give me
page references? I could only find a -4 to defenses and attack (not DX)
for Wrist Lock and Leg Grapple. This doesn't seem to be saying that all
Grapples cause a -4 to DX.

And if the -4 to DX is going to be `official' grappling rules, then
shouldn't this be errata'd?

Peace, -mor...@io.com