[FAQ] GURPSnet Mailing List FAQ

Sue and Sean

Apr 2, 1995, 4:00:00 AM4/2/95
to GURPS...@io.com
This is the Frequently Asked Questions List for the mailing lists
GURPSnet-L and GURPSnet-Digest. It will be posted periodically to
io.games.sjg.gurps, r.g.f.announce and the mailing lists. Please
distribute it further as you see fit. Suggestions are welcome --
email them to owner-gu...@io.com.

--- HOW TO SUB, POST, AND UNSUB ---

Q: How do I subscribe to GURPSnet-L?

not the posting address.) In the body, have the single line
"subscribe GURPSnet-L gra...@angels.web" (if your address is
"gra...@angels.web;" if not, use whatever your address really is).

Q: That's not *The One True Right* way to subscribe. Everyone knows
that *The One True Right* way to subscribe is....

A: GURPSnet-L runs under Majordomo. Majordomo is not Listserv. Trust
me. I'm the list administrator, and I'm here to help you.

Q: How do I post to GURPSnet-L?

A: To post, send your message to GURPS...@io.com. (Note that this
is not the subscribe/unsubscribe address.) Your message will be
sent to every subscriber, including yourself.

Q: How do I unsubscribe to GURPSnet-L?

not the posting address.) In the body, have the single line
"unsubscribe GURPSnet-L bab...@analytical.engine" (if the address
whatever address you want to unsubscribe.)

Q: The info message seems to be cut off at the bottom. How do I
increase my clearance?

A: You're obviously not cleared to increase your clearance, so it
wasn't cut off, it was censored.

Q: Can I get the messages in digest form?

A: Sure. Use the procedure above to subscribe, only substitute
GURPSnet-Digest for GURPSnet-L.

--- WHAT ARE THE RULES ABOUT POSTING? ---

Q: How about commercial postings?

A: Power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda neat. I run these
mailing lists as a benevolent tyrant with nearly everything handled
on a whim-by-whim basis. I'll warn you if I don't like something.
The only things that will cause you to suffer instant-death-no-
saving-throw are things like posting Make.Money.Fast. (I'll also
send a nasty-gram to your site for that one.)

Q: How about Fluff (game-based fiction)?

A: My whim was to call for a vote. The NOs had an over-two-to-one
margin. My whim was then to go by the results of the vote. Fluff
is Not Allowed.

Q: I don't want to pay for GURPS Faplap. Would someone please type it
in for me?

A: I've always been rather aggressive in defense of copyrights, and
now that I own some, I'm even more so. Violation of copyright is
one way to get summarily nuked from the list. Violations of SJG's
copyrights will also be forwarded to Le...@io.com, and you may well
get a visit from beings in suits with serious briefcases and very
thin watches.