BlueTooth Dongles

thafner

Jul 12, 2009, 11:59:37 AM7/12/09
to iNXT Remote
Daniel,

I am very interested in getting the iNXT remote, but I don't have
Bluetooth on my Windows PC. So I need to buy a BT dongle. There are
many out there. But some are better than others. Do you have any
recommendations for a cheap, reliable, long-range BT dongle? My PC is
in the basement but I would love the BT to be able to make it upstairs
or even outdoors.

Thanks,
--Tom.

iNXT Remote

Jul 12, 2009, 1:20:53 PM7/12/09
to iNXT Remote
I unfortunately do not have any recommendations, the dlink dongle I
use on my Windows desktop is merely serviceable, especially due to
some annoyances with drivers. As for reaching from the basement to
the outdoors, that might not be doable. Upstairs should be possible,
depending on configuration of walls and floors, wire runs, and other
sources of interference between the robot and pc. In either case, try
a usb extension cable to try different positions with the dongle.

If others in here have had good experiences with their Bluetooth
dongle, please post them. I recommend reading some reviews on tech
sites, particularly looking for things like range, and driver issues.
Throughput isn't terribly important for this application, given that
files are only a few KB.