Possible mold issue

1 view

randy

Oct 10, 2023, 12:30:31 PM10/10/23
to Investor Underground
Hi gang,
I have noticed an unusual smell in our personal home. It's only 7 years old and it seems to be coming from the HVAC system. Not really smelly, but odd. Have any of you used a mold inspector that you would recommend? If so did you use them to correct the issue?

Randy Gool

Oct 10, 2023, 1:39:09 PM10/10/23
to randy, Investor Underground
On one of my rental units I just had a faucet supply line break at a condo unit, at night. It only happens at night. It caused water damage to my unit and 3 others. A neighbor introduced me to Eric Martindale, owner of Rally Point Restoration. Eric used to work for one of the big restoration companies but has recently started his own company. As you know  this type of work is expensive but Eric's prices were great considering. Eric will do the small jobs the big boys pass up and he came out the same day I called him. Tell him Randy Gool referred you to him. Eric's number is 512/661-3066 and his email address is er...@rallypointtx.com

Best of luck on your issue!

Randy Gool

Texas law requires all real estate licensees to provide the Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services and the Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice to prospective buyers, tenants, sellers, and landlords.  Please take a minute to review the disclosure, and call me if you have any questions.

Best Regards!
Randy Gool
Texas Real Estate Broker
NRDS ID# 785014122

--

---

Bill Crider

Oct 10, 2023, 2:15:33 PM10/10/23
to randy, Investor Underground
My favorite solution for mold is:
1. Figure out why it’s growing. Usually it’s a moisture problem. In your air system the first suspect is condensation.
2. Once you have eliminated the moisture issue, remove all the plants, pets, and people from the premises, close it up tight with a an O2 generator for at least 24 hours (48 is better). Besides killing the mold, this will kill all the bugs in the house. And all the odors.
Before you go back in the house, open the doors and let it air out at least an hour.
FWIW I usually do this in all my rentals between tenants.
Bill Crider