Ordering Outreach Material

IISG ICC

May 17, 2024, 12:18:58 PMMay 17
to invasive-crayfi...@googlegroups.com, wbud...@usgs.gov, fili...@msu.edu
Hello!

My name is Will Budnick and I am currently in the progress of disseminating outreach material that stemmed from a GLRI-Interjurisdictional grant. As a background: the grant's overall research objective was to build a partnership to investigate the prevalence of invasive crayfish species in the aquatic pet trades across all 8 Great Lakes states, produce a manuscript on this information, and develop a public-facing outreach material that can be used by both resource managers/enforcement agents and retailers themselves. IL/IN Seagrant through the ICC was instrumental in assisting us with developing the outreach material that we are now ready to disseminate.

The short is that we have funding available to print poster-pamphlets (pamphlet folds out into a poster on the back) and ship them (free of charge) to interested fish/wildlife resource agencies and other conservation minded organizations across the basin and we wish to gauge your interest in receiving this material and obtaining order numbers that we can send to our printer teams. Note: we are also providing electronic versions that can be posted on websites (also free of charge) if of interest. The electronic versions will be both printer friendly for re-printing the material at your convenience, which will be available in multiple languages including Spanish, Hmong, and Mandarin, and screen reader friendly (currently English-only, with other translations to be determined based on funding).

I have attached a copy of the outreach material we are disseminating in this email. Please note that this is a draft only and not printer friendly nor is it the finalized version we're mailing out. We are hoping that this product may prove useful to you. If so, we request you send us order information using this order form here:  order form linkIf you wish to have the electronic files, please let me know and we can make sure that we have these electronic files sent to you when they become available and ready for public posting. We also suggest that it would also be easier for distribution (read: cheaper for us which translates to more printed copies) if you forward this form to a designated central person to receive the poster pamphlets. If you choose that approach, then I would recommend grabbing a total number of copies requested among your partners and inputting that number into the order form. We will do our best to get all requested orders filled with the funding we have available.

Cheers,
Will Budnick

William R. Budnick, PhD
Fish Biologist
United States Geological Survey
Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center
La Crosse, Wisconsin
FinalReview_Draft_DFW1145_Crayfish-Brochure-Poster_17.25x24_R4_tc-compressed.pdf