FW: Statement on the Rejection of the Keystone Pipeline

1 view

Curt

Nov 6, 2015, 5:40:51 PM11/6/15
to Curt

This is the congressman Colorado has elected - not me the fools in Colorado Springs!

“By rejecting the Keystone Pipeline, President Obama is rejecting an easy path to improving the American economy. It is extremely disappointing to me that any President would turn down the opportunity to add hundreds of billions of dollars and tens of thousands of jobs to the American economy. Despite the fact that bipartisan majorities in Congress support the Pipeline and that we live in  a situation where labor force participation levels are at historic lows, the President has arbitrarily decided against moving forward. Today, President Obama hit a new-low when it comes to close-minded and narrow thinking. Ironically, the President won't even be helping his professed goal of reducing carbon emissions, because the Canadians are not foolish enough to let those valuable energy resources lie in the ground unused."

- Congressman Doug Lamborn (CO-05)

Congratulations, Planet Earth! President Obama has rejected TransCanada’s Keystone XL Pipeline application.

The Keystone Pipeline would have moved oil from one of the dirtiest sources on the planet – the Alberta tar sands – directly to Gulf Coast oil refineries owned by . . . wait for it . . . the Koch Brothers. And thence out of the country.

Net increase in US oil production: zero. Net increase in gasoline available in the US market: zero.

But if the pipeline had been built, the price of US gasoline would have gone UP, as Canadian oil competed against US oil for limited refinery capacity.

Oh, and the Koch Brothers had made sure that our government couldn’t tax the oil passing through the pipeline, even though just about every other country in the world with a pipeline does.

And one last thing: the pipeline could have destroyed an aquifer that provides drinking water to millions of Americans, and 30% of our irrigation water.

Curt Welty

http://windwalker1938.wix.com/windwalker

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” - Albert Einstein

statement on the rejection of the keystone pipeline

11/6/15

“By rejecting the Keystone Pipeline, President Obama is rejecting an easy path to improving the American economy. It is extremely disappointing to me that any President would turn down the opportunity to add hundreds of billions of dollars and tens of thousands of jobs to the American economy. Despite the fact that bipartisan majorities in Congress support the Pipeline and that we live in  a situation where labor force participation levels are at historic lows, the President has arbitrarily decided against moving forward. Today, President Obama hit a new-low when it comes to close-minded and narrow thinking. Ironically, the President won't even be helping his professed goal of reducing carbon emissions, because the Canadians are not foolish enough to let those valuable energy resources lie in the ground unused."

- Congressman Doug Lamborn (CO-05)

Click Here to view this email in your browser
Click Here to be removed from this list

No virus found in this message.

Do you have a slow PC? Try a free scan!