jQuery-flavored Intro.js

Ben M

Mar 18, 2013, 6:18:53 PM3/18/13
to int...@googlegroups.com
I do hope this isn't taken the wrong way, as I'm really not trying to steal the thunder of this project.

I love the way Intro.js works, but I'm not a huge fan of the way it was written, and I'm going to need some extra features to make it work well for me. In that light, I've taken the liberty of creating a jQuery version of Intro.js that can be found here: http://casiotone.github.com/jquery-guideme/

I've renamed the project to "jQuery-GuideMe" because "jQuery intro plugin" can't really be googled if you forget what the plugin is called.

At this point, it's little more than a port of Intro.js with a few extra options/callbacks/etc. I expect that over time, the projects will diverge significantly, but I'm happy contributing any appropriate improvements back to Intro.js.

Feedback/concerns are welcome.

Afshin Mehrabani

Mar 18, 2013, 6:43:20 PM3/18/13
to int...@googlegroups.com
Wow, cool.

I think it's really good if we have the jQuery version of IntroJs (though I think the most important point of IntroJs is that it's pure JavaScript)

I appreciate your effort, but I think it's better to keep the name something like IntroJs-jQuery, then users can find the intro.js for jQuery better and also you keep the intro.js name in the new project which is good.

Let me know when you're done, so I can link your library in intro.js.

Thanks again!
Afshin

Ben M

Mar 18, 2013, 7:10:43 PM3/18/13
to int...@googlegroups.com
I've renamed the project to IntroJs-jQuery per your request: http://casiotone.github.com/IntroJs-jQuery/

Again, this isn't intended to be a direct port of Intro.js, as I'm going to be adding things to IntroJs-jQuery that might not be appropriate for Intro.js, so as long as that doesn't confuse too many people I think we'll be safe.

Afshin Mehrabani

Mar 19, 2013, 5:43:03 AM3/19/13
to int...@googlegroups.com
Nice. As you mentioned before, all effects, tooltips and in a better work, whole idea are from IntroJs, I don't have any problem with that until you mention that this plugin is the jQuery version of IntroJs (that I think actually is correct)

Nice work, good job. Let me know what you think, so we can link both libraries then.

Afshin

Ben M

Mar 20, 2013, 11:36:00 PM3/20/13
to int...@googlegroups.com
At this point, I'm taking IntroJs-jQuery offline until Intro.js is more full featured itself. I'll be contributing to Intro.js for the time being.

I've got three pull-requests pending at this point. If you like what I'm doing with it, maybe you could add me as a collaborator. I'd be happy to help manage the incoming pull requests and bug reports especially since I'm planning on using Intro.js fairly prominently in a couple projects and need a good, cross-browser implementation.

Afshin Mehrabani

Mar 22, 2013, 6:42:30 AM3/22/13
to int...@googlegroups.com
Ok, fine. Thanks for all your nice pull requests. I really looking for someone to help in managing intro.js pull requests. Let's continues this conversation on Email.

Please send me an email about the collaborating on Intro.js

Afshin Mehrabani

Apr 8, 2013, 7:58:28 AM4/8/13
to int...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ben,

At this point, we need to work on the jQuery version of Intro.js. Let me know what you think, and if you're agree with me, we can release and link it to the master Intro.js repository also.
All you need to do is to compatible the old version of jQuery flavored Intro.js with version 0.3.0.

Afshin