September Codenight - Quantum Computing and RPGs

Isaac Lynnah

Aug 27, 2021, 1:40:28 AM8/27/21
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Our next codenight will be online through zoom. We're looking forward to catching up with everyone including our regular zoom attendees from last year. Please connect using this link  https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86293891866?pwd=UEl6ZTZlZVJFV3JCdjFaVzJTWWlzQT09
5PM Thursday 2nd Sep.

This month we have 2 fantastic presentations.

Carsten Eckelmann will be presenting Getting Started with Quantum Computing

Quantum Computing is current cutting edge technology and although incredible advances have been made in just the last decade, it's still in its infancy. So this is a great way to dive in and become a part of this technological revolution. In my talk I will explain in layman's terms the differences between Quantum Computing and Classical Computing and I will demonstrate how incredibly easy it is to get started with QisKit .. the free IBM Quantum Programming lab. You will also see a live demonstration of code that executes on a real million dollar quantum computer!

Thomas Edwards will be presenting The journey of porting a Role Playing Game

A question often asked when developing a game is how can I architect the project without global state. I would like to present a Role Playing Game that is a port of a Lua codebase, developed by Daniel Schullar, to Python using Pygame that attempts to answer this question. Specifically, the three pillars of an RPG, combat, exploration and questing and break them down into manageable systems. Have you ever wondered how the combat system works in Final fantasy? The secret source lies in the interplay of state machines, event queues and stacks.

Kind regards,

Isaac Lynnah

Isaac Lynnah { developer }
M: 0497 573 147
E: is...@2pisoftware.com
2pisoftware.com

Isaac Lynnah

Sep 1, 2021, 7:58:32 PM9/1/21
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to remind you all that codenight is on today. Link in above message.
I have seen Thomas' slides and I am really looking forward to this.
Hope to see you there.

Kind regards,

Isaac Lynnah

Isaac Lynnah { developer }