Very good 3D Printing special with Dr Steve Harvey

liam.soccerfit Gmail

Apr 1, 2021, 5:45:26 AM4/1/21
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
The talk tonight was ‘totes awesome’...

...especially Dr Steve’s 3D printed body part simulations...amazing process to go from a CT scan to a 3D rendering which gets fed into a CAD tool...and from there it’s a snap to use a ‘pro-sumer’ grade printer to create a mould. Into which ya pop some relatively low cost silicone or other settable liquid material (easily purchasable at Bunnings) and the secret ingredient, Corn Starch (ssssh!), and some foundation for colour...And hey presto...you’ve got a skin-like substance with a tissue-like texture. These high quality crafted products are highly tailorable and of enormous use for medical training of doctors - eg better a junior med practices a delicate pneumothorax procedure on a simulated rib-cage exterior than a human :-)

Amazing...3D is back...and emerging from the famous ‘trough of disillusionment’...led by the aerospace industry - titanium parts printing.

We hope to organise for Dr Steven to come back in the near future for a 3 hour deep dive workshop...possibly at the Bega MakerSpace...get in touch if you may be interested.

Liam

liam.soccerfit Gmail

Apr 1, 2021, 5:45:29 AM4/1/21
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
The talk tonight was ‘totes awesome’...especially Dr Steve’s 3D printed body part simulations...amazing process to go from a CT scan to a 3D rendering which gets fed into a CAD tool...and from there it’s a snap to use a ‘pro-sumer’ grade printer to create a mould. Into which ya pop some relatively low cost silicone or other settable liquid material (easily purchasable at Bunnings) and the secret ingredient, Corn Starch (ssssh!h and some foundation for colour...And hey presto...you’ve got a skin-like substance with a tissue-like texture.

Isaac Lynnah

Apr 1, 2021, 7:39:15 AM4/1/21
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
I'm so into this. Bummed I missed it. Sounds like it was awesome.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021, 8:45 pm liam.soccerfit Gmail, <liam.so...@gmail.com> wrote:
The talk tonight was ‘totes awesome’...especially Dr Steve’s 3D printed body part simulations...amazing process to go from a CT scan to a 3D rendering which gets fed into a CAD tool...and from there it’s a snap to use a ‘pro-sumer’ grade printer to create a mould. Into which ya pop some relatively low cost silicone or other settable liquid material (easily purchasable at Bunnings) and the secret ingredient, Corn Starch (ssssh!h and some foundation for colour...And hey presto...you’ve got a skin-like substance with a tissue-like texture.

Joe Louis

Apr 5, 2021, 12:48:44 AM4/5/21
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
That sounds great, I wish I would've been there. I am super keen for the next time. It is great all these interviews you guys are doing in these super interesting topics and technologies.
Thank you for the sum up Liam.

Jose.