best way to edit Zoom recordings

1 view

libby and alan

Aug 27, 2020, 2:57:15 AM8/27/20
to IntoIT Basecamp, Doug Reckord, Michael Gross
Dear friends,
Can anyone suggest the best way to edit Zoom recordings? During Science Week we ran a number of events on Zoom and now want to edit the recordings so we can add them as resources on the Atlas website.
Doug was the host and has shared the recordings in Dropbox. When I go into Dropbox ant try to open them, it offers me a selection of options, one of which is Youtube uploader for Dropbox, which would seem the obvious choice - but…..
Do you think this is the best way to go?
When I start the process I get this:
which seems to indicate a download of Windows on Mac. As I already have Windows on my Mac, I don’t think I want to do this.
Any thoughts?
 Best wishes,
 Libby

Andrew Larkin

Aug 27, 2020, 4:16:56 AM8/27/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com, Doug Reckord, Michael Gross

If you want to edit the video on a budget, it is hard to beat free.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve/

The free version is extremely good. Lots of youtube tutorials available.  Available for windows, mac, and linux.

image001.png
image002.png
image003.png
image004.jpg

Sarah James

Aug 27, 2020, 4:33:30 AM8/27/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Libby,

Maybe rather than trying to open the files with Dropbox, I would elect to download the files onto your hard drive. From my reading, I gather that Zoom video files are saved in a .mp4 format, which means that you should be able to edit them using iMovie (comes with your Mac), Adobe Premiere (if you have a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud), or perhaps the video editing software that Andrew mentioned above.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing usually, but I have found in the past that iMovie is easy to use for quick editing of movies. It is pretty intuitive. So it might suit your purposes.

Wishing you the best of luck with this project!

Kindest regards,
Sarah

Sarah
0424 918 566

libby and alan

Aug 27, 2020, 2:13:53 PM8/27/20
to IntoIT Basecamp, Doug Reckord, Michael Gross
Thanks very much for this advice Andrew, I will try that.
 Best wishes,
 Libby
On 27 Aug 2020, at 6:16 pm, Andrew Larkin <and...@arcadius.com.au> wrote:

If you want to edit the video on a budget, it is hard to beat free.

The free version is extremely good. Lots of youtube tutorials available.  Available for windows, mac, and linux.

Can anyone suggest the best way to edit Zoom recordings? During Science Week we ran a number of events on Zoom and now want to edit the recordings so we can add them as resources on the Atlas website.
Doug was the host and has shared the recordings in Dropbox. When I go into Dropbox ant try to open them, it offers me a selection of options, <image001.png>one of which is Youtube uploader for Dropbox, which would seem the obvious choice - but…..
Do you think this is the best way to go?
When I start the process I get this:
<image002.png>which seems to indicate a download of Windows on Mac. As I already have Windows on my Mac, I don’t think I want to do this.
Any thoughts?
 Best wishes,
 Libby

<image003.png><image004.jpg>