A recipe to say thanks

Sarah James

Nov 28, 2020, 12:24:15 PM11/28/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Morning all!

I hope you are doing super well!

First things first - I really need to apologise to the listserv for my absolutely horrendous contributions back in the 2010s. I was UNHINGED at the time, and not in a good place, (at all).

What a beautiful place in the world though, to be completely insane?! I hope if anyone else on the list suffers from mental illness that you find peacefulness in the beautiful nature on the Sapphire Coast.

It wasn't for me though, because as a single, mature woman, I need to be around other people (like me) and to form a community of sorts. I have found that in my little apartment in Collingwood VIC 3066. It is delightful.

I sincerely hope that everything is going well for you and all your families as well.

I just made a recipe to say thanks for your continued energy on the board! it is breakfast, which is timely!

The recipe is a banana, flaxseed, and honey porridge (thanks especially to the kindness of Libby Hepburn, who sent me a lovely gift this year!) The honey is delicious, and it will support the BEES, so that is a great thing!

Here is a photo of what I made for breakfast. (I know it is only 3:53 am ((don't ask 😉)).

IMG_7509.jpg
Apologies for the quality of the photo 😕 One thing on my list to save up for is a new digital SLR camera (and lights), but for now, it is the best I could do at this time.

The recipe is as follows:
(serves 3)

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cup of oats (I used quick oats from the bulk food store - I think)
- 3 cups of milk (I used oat milk, which is the best for the environment - better than almond milk, which is not good for our agricultural endeavours - so I hear) but not so great for the environment, as the City of Yarra, is no longer collecting tetra packs for recycling. (Any kind of your favourite milk will do!)
- 1 banana
- a generous dollop of honey per serve
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed (also known as linseed) - you can get this from bulk stores (did another one open up as yet? I AM SORRY about the Saltwater debacle  it was my VERY BAD 😢😘

Method:
1. Bring milk to a lively simmer in a saucepan
2. Add oats to the milk, and bring to the boil
3. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often
4. Garnish with flaxseed, honey, and banana to your taste

ENJOY!!

So, this is to say thanks - for your patience and understanding and also to give thanks generally to the group, because it is that time of year again. Hopefully, this ending won't be as DRAMATIC And dead.ly as the last one 😢

It is nice to hear that we have la Nina for a few more months into later into summer, so we should be getting rain and some slightly cooler temperatures, until then. Hopefully, it will do its good work and soak into the ground, to reduce the tinder fires. Here's hoping.

I am sorry for what you all must have gone through earlier this year. It has been a hard year for EVERYONE - big and small, everywhere.

I am personally grateful to just get through it. Because I am in Melbourne we had to endure a 104-day lockdown, which was pretty tough at times! But we got through it, and now the streets are literally ALIVE with the sound of music.

And here we are at the end of the year again.

Speaking of bugs - I actually got tested for covid yesterday!? Have you been tested yet? It doesn't hurt or feels too invasive, surprisingly. Yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat and a slightly runny nose, so I thought it was best to be checked out.

I hope that the test comes back negative. I don't want to be the person who breaks the 28-day record of no covid cases in Melbourne (and the ELIMINATION!!)

Kindly,
Sarah 🌞🌞🌞
🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞
🌱😍

Final parting gift. I bought one of these books each for my two lovely parents today. You might find this idea interesting.

tc xx

--
Sarah
0424 918 566

Sarah James

Nov 29, 2020, 5:11:08 AM11/29/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Wow!
What a shocker!
It is posts like that which have been the absolute opposite of social and professional.
(It's not exactly a conversation starter!) and why would it be at 3:30 in the morning?
I am so sorry. It really bites this disease.
This once vibrant community list has been totally ambushed. My humble apologies.

Sarah James

Nov 29, 2020, 5:37:54 AM11/29/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
And just so that I don't completely waste your time, I do have one techie kind of thing, that might contribute to the group.
It is an animated GIF. If you like to see light and (kinda) pretty things you might like this: https://aweekendofadventures.com/listening-to-lisa-gerrard-playing-with-light/

libby and alan

Nov 29, 2020, 7:21:22 AM11/29/20
to IntoIT Basecamp
Hey Sarah,
Don’t worry about us, we are all pretty relaxed up here, life goes on as usual. It’s so much worse for you down in Melbourne being stuck inside for months and months and not being able to be with your friends. We understand an we feel for you.
 Are you coming home for Christmas or a break? It will be good to see you again,
 Best wishes from the far south coast.
 Take care and look after yourself,
 Libby and your Into IT pals,
xxx

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 4:23 AM Sarah James <pipeldoot....@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Darryl Butler - Itchybrain Productions

Nov 29, 2020, 7:26:50 AM11/29/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarz, I enjoyed seeing your post :) it’s your honesty and friendliness that I always see and read. I think the expression is that most people can take a leaf out of that book! Great to hear you are loving your community and that the Melbourne streets are alive again… live it up Sarz! Send me an email when ya can, 3.30am is OK, I’m often awake, lol.

cheers

Darryl

Contact details
Darryl Butler, trading as
Itchybrain Productions
Mobile: 0403 793 422
Postal:  PO Box 7137

[...]

Sarah James

Nov 29, 2020, 11:56:52 PM11/29/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much, Libby,
The coast does afford a kind of relaxed attitude, I remember!
I am most likely going to spend Christmas in Melbourne with friends (it is exciting now that it is opening up), but hope to come home in January. I will definitely be in touch. Hopefully, we can catch up! 😍
Best wishes to you and all in the intoIT community too!
Cheers,
Sarah

Sarah James

Nov 30, 2020, 12:12:57 AM11/30/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Daz,
I will definitely keep that in mind and shoot you an email sometime. I hope you are up and having fun at 3:30 am, and not too stressed. Thanks for your kind words. It is nice to hear that you can appreciate that kind of expression. Thank you, 😊 - might see you on Thursday afternoon at the Zoom meeting if you come along toooo.
Take care of yourself always 🌱🌞
Sz