Hot spot internet for a Science week event at the Discovery Centre Eden on Saturday

libby and alan

Aug 19, 2020, 8:02:24 PM8/19/20
to Michael Gross, Isaac Liehne, li...@2pisoftware.com, IntoIT Basecamp, Doug Reckord, Kerryn Wood
Dear friends,
 Can you help us? I have learned that the Discovery Centre has poor internet connections so wondered if you know anyone who could set us up with a hotspot for the day? I have phoned Splash, but they say they can only do permanent installations now.
Best wishes,
 Libby

Chris Bateman

Aug 19, 2020, 8:09:15 PM8/19/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com, Michael Gross, Isaac Liehne, Liam O'Duibhir, Doug Reckord, Kerryn Wood
You will have to use a prepaid hotspot device.  ISPs generally don't do temp installs without a lot of planning or for large events.

Example offer

Banksia smallCommunity copy.jpg
logo with smaller greyer text copy.png

Michael Pryke

Aug 19, 2020, 8:19:51 PM8/19/20
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com

Hi Libby

I hope you and Alan are doing OK.

It is a long shot, but the local Telstra shop in Bega (and the one in Belconnen) used to by owned (and I assume still are) by Malcolm (Malky) Watson 0424574421 malky...@gmail.com

Are you up for a coffee anytime – I am happy to come to Merimbula. In fact, I have a meeting there today at 2pm.

Regards

Mick

libby and alan

Aug 19, 2020, 9:13:42 PM8/19/20
to IntoIT Basecamp, Michael Gross, Isaac Liehne, Liam O'Duibhir, Doug Reckord, Kerryn Wood
Dear Chris,
 Thanks very much for the suggestion - it sounds like a good idea, I am awaiting a callback from the Bega Telstra shop.
 Much appreciated advice,
 Libby
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/intoitsapphirecoast/CAOi0o9wjsE6igkDF51uP9a_5vnqNr2d6z9cd0-iBN49unjLy-Q%40mail.gmail.com.