ccontrol.exe error

balu

Feb 23, 2010, 3:01:17 AM2/23/10
to intersystems.public.cache
Hi All,

I have been facing problem with my cache. Whenever i restart my cache
it gives the error ccontrol.exe with some process id. The message part
conatins some information like "cannot start cache instance". Check
Window NT event for details. The only thing i can do with the cache is
just browse the documentation and nothing else. Then to work with
cache agian in need to reinstall the caceh, I am a newbie to cache and
this problem is causing seriuos issues to my daily work, I am losing
the data and i am forced setup everthing from scratch.

Please help me in this.

System Information:
Window XP.
Cache 2007.1

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Bala Krishna Ragala.

Alexander Riemer

Feb 23, 2010, 3:19:22 PM2/23/10
to intersystems.public.cache
Hi,

please be more precise. What exactly does the Windows event log say?
Did you look for errors in the cconsole.log?

Regards
Alex

balu

Feb 24, 2010, 4:46:02 AM2/24/10
to intersystems.public.cache
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. Currently i don't have the cconsole.log or
windows event log that shows up the error information.
I will post the same when i encountered the same issue again. But the
findings from my side are,
the major scenarios when I came across this error is when i restart my
cache keeping studio opened up.

Your help is very much appreciated. Soon i will post the windows event
log details.

Thanks,
Bala Krishna Ragala

Whallace_Brazil

Feb 23, 2010, 11:51:31 AM2/23/10
to intersystems.public.cache
Hi Bala,

From DOS prompt, C: \ installcache \ bin \ ccontrol force <instance
cache>
If you do not know the instance installed run c: \ installcache \ bin
\ ccontrol list
And Start Cache C: \ installcache \ bin \ ccontrol start <instance
cache>

Sorry I am not expert in english

Whalllace Armani

balu

Mar 1, 2010, 6:37:27 PM3/1/10
to intersystems.public.cache
Hi Armani,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will try out this and let you know if i
face any difficulty i will let you know.

Thanks,
Bala Krishna Ragala,
Sonata.