File handling Mumps

Prabhjot Singh

Apr 27, 2020, 3:53:11 AM4/27/20
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I need a simple example (with code) of Read and Write operations on a text file, handling eof exception. Can anyone provide me the same ?

Thanks

Andrew Makinson

Apr 27, 2020, 4:00:20 AM4/27/20
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com
Yes I can do this - let me get a code example to you.

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Apr 2020, at 08:53, Prabhjot Singh <prabh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I need a simple example (with code) of Read and Write operations on a text file, handling eof exception. Can anyone provide me the same ?

Thanks

IRIS, Caché, Ensemble
---

lverhulst

Apr 27, 2020, 9:36:06 AM4/27/20
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com
I use the following a lot in the Legacy Cache code that I write to read in files.

 S FILEIN=<directory and filename>
 O FILEIN:"RS"
 ;$ZUTIL(68,40,1) eliminates the <ENDOFFILE> error for sequential files for the current process.
 ;Test $ZEOF equal to -1 for EOF.
 S X=$ZUTIL(68,40,1)
 F  U FILEIN R REC Q:$ZEOF=-1  D <something>
 C FILEIN

--
L. Verhulst