Command line debugging

Michoel Reach

Jun 28, 2018, 10:21:32 AM6/28/18
to IRIS, Caché, Ensemble
Since we have been having some Studio issues, I have been debugging from the command line till they are fixed. http://10.17.97.164:57772/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=GCOS_debug#GCOS_debug_debugger
Takes some getting used to after using Studio!
Quick question: I see how to set a breakpoint (ZB tag), a target (afterwards, D ^ROUTINE), Step In (:"L+" or "S+"), Step Over (:"L" or "S"). But how do you Step Out of the routine you're in?
Thanks
Michael Reach

Brendan Bannon

Jun 28, 2018, 11:36:27 AM6/28/18
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com

Looks like BREAK C will step out of the current level and BREAK C- will step all the way out.

Brendan

IRIS, Caché, Ensemble
---

lverhulst

Jun 29, 2018, 8:12:36 AM6/29/18
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com
B "C" will clear the break at the level you are at.

--
Leane Verhulst

Ed Clark

Jun 29, 2018, 8:12:36 AM6/29/18
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com
You can also user BREAK L- or S- which I think work more like Studio’s “Step Out” than C does.

Michoel Reach

Jul 5, 2018, 10:24:10 AM7/5/18
to IRIS, Caché, Ensemble
Thanks, all!