National Call to Action: Solidarity Against Austerity!

1 view

Dustin

Oct 5, 2012, 11:52:26 AM10/5/12
to intero...@googlegroups.com

National Call to Action

Our Dreams Don’t Fit in Their Ballot Boxes!

No to austerity! Yes to reclaiming our communities!

Occupy Portland and Portland Action Lab invite all people to participate
in a national call to action to say No to Austerity and Yes to building
our collective power. On November 2nd and 3rd (N3) we will mobilize and
march, voting with our feet by taking direct action to interrupt the
normal course of business. Our power is in our neighborhoods, building
alternatives, and taking to the streets! Business and our governments
hoard wealth, privatize our communities, and burden us with enormous debt
– This is AUSTERITY and we say Enough is Enough!

We call on all participants in the Occupy movement, rank-and-file union
members, students, our elders and people-at-large to organize creatively
and return to our public spaces with this message on the weekend before
the election. Our communities will make our own decisions and control our
own resources, no matter who is elected. We are not alone; austerity is a
consequence of a failed economic system and people around the world are
rising up. We act in solidarity and take inspiration from the peoples of
Greece, South Africa, Quebec, Chile, and beyond who are fighting austerity and
the destruction of their communities.

Solidarity against Austerity!

***
Logistical details:

Occupy Portland and the Portland Action Lab have put out this call to
action. All Occupies and groups are invited to participate. A website is
available to share information and materials,
www.solidarityagainstausterity.org
. If your city or organization is
participating, please let us know by filling out this form! We can post
contact information for your action on the website so people in your area
can get involved! We will also be setting up national conference calls to
coordinate and share resources between cities.

We encourage you to check out the website section on affinity groups and
spokes councils. This is one effective way to organize mass mobilizations.
This is a model of organizing that is consistent with our movement’s
values of participatory decision making and non-hierarchical structures.
Of course there are many ways to organize, but we have had enormous
success with this model in Portland. The direct action spokes council in
Portland emerged out of the Occupy Movement and is called the Portland
Action Lab. This is the body organizing Portland’s N3 action and also
coordinated Feb 29th (F29) Shut Down the Corporations, which was an
international day of action with over 70 participating cities.

Contact national@portlandactionlab.org

Website www.solidarityagainstausterity.org
Facebook Page for National Call to Action https://www.facebook.com/N3.solidarity.against.austerity
Twitter: ActionLabPDX, Hashtage #N3

Please join us for a national coordination conference call this Saturday (10/6) 6:00pm PT/9:00 PM ET. We will be discussing national coordination, sharing important information and resources and identifying areas that local actions need assistance with.

REGISTER
http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/870GPNVE40WSPGJ7