Dynamic Coalition Coordination Group Meeting #80

1 view

Maureen Hilyard

Dec 1, 2023, 11:51:18 AM12/1/23
to SIDS List
Hi all

Just a brief report on this meeting which was held with the MAG Chair - Carol Roach from the Bahamas - in attendance. The meetings are usually at 2am but this time was at a more convenient 5am so I was able to attend, especially because Carol was going to be there, and DC-SIDS should show an active interest in the development of the IGF under her new leadership. We hope that she can share more sessions with the DC groups during the year.

But the discussion today was mainly on how DCs can make a more positive and effective contribution to the IGF context. Some valuable points that were raised which Carol  reflected positively on in her interventions. Yet, while the IGF provides an annual platform for our DC to gather, we must not lose sight of our goal to create our own platform on which we can engage together as a global and cohesive group in what is important to us as a coalition, in between IGF sessions.

In the meantime, I hope that everyone is keeping well, and that you are all looking forward to sharing a happy, safe and enjoyable festive season.
Maureen

--
Maureen Hilyard

Development Consultant

Cook Islands Internet Action Group

Mobile (Cook Islands) +682 54641

Mobile (NZ) +64 2108192283

hil...@oyster.net.ck

maureen...@gmail.com

Linkedin

PO Box 156, Avarua, Rarotonga

COOK ISLANDS

Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google

Dec 2, 2023, 3:14:55 AM12/2/23
to Maureen Hilyard, SIDS List
Thanks for this, Maureen.

We are indeed looking forward to, and counting on the support of the MAG Chair, ESPECIALLY in 2024 - the year of SIDS4 (The UN SIDS Summit/Conference) which will be held in late May 2024 in Antigua & Barbuda, as well as the Summit of the Future to be held in September 2024 in New York City.

Rgds,

Tracy