Best technique for mounting Laser on roof racks?

Alberto Rivera

Jan 7, 2023, 6:46:00 PM1/7/23
to International Laser Class Association District 24
Hello sailors!

I'm brand new to the laser scene here in San Francisco, and I'm hoping to take my laser all over the bay. I've got a spot for it at StFYC but hope to sail at ACSC and RYC soon. I've found that putting my boat on my car is a giant pain and usually a 2 (sometimes even 3) person job.

I've seen some videos of people with all sorts of contraptions to their cars to help them single hand mounting the boat to a car, but I wanted to ask the group what the best techniques are. I'm hopping that the answer is not "Get a trailer!". This is the most creative solution I've found so far: https://youtu.be/9fZzAZEn9tg

For a bit more context, I drive an average size 4-door sedan without a tow hitch.

Looking forward to meeting and sailing with you all soon!

Best,
Alberto "Beto" Rivera