Re: 2022 StFYC Fall Dinghy Regatta - October 22-23 - NOR now posted

Al Sargent

Oct 18, 2022, 2:25:46 PM10/18/22
to Usher, Tracy L., International Laser Class Association District 24, laser-c...@lists.stanford.edu
(Adding the new Google Group mailing list that we're transitioning over to so that everyone sees this.)

The ILCA 6 fleet is looking solid. We'll have the current girl's national champion and the current masters legend world champion. Plus we can come out and push Tor hard to help him prepare for high school nationals, which he qualified for a few weeks ago

We're lucky to have an awesome local fleet... and this is one of the last times this season we'll all be on the line. (The last one is Richmond Midwinters on Dec 4.)

So... sign up now!

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 10:47 AM Usher, Tracy L. <us...@slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

Ok everyone, TODAY is the early registration deadline, if you wait until
tomorrow it is going to cost an extra $20! Think of what you could do
with that money... buy a gallon of gas, a half gallon of milk, etc. So
save it for something useful and register today!

It is still Tuesday, too early to say anything for certain... but the
current wind forecasts are certainly interesting with plenty of wind on
Saturday and maybe less than what we'd like for Sunday. The current
weather pattern is starting to change and the exact timing will be key
to the weekend breeze pattern. Interestingly, the morning weather folks
were starting to use the "r" word for next week! So maybe the last
weekend to get out for some real sailing without getting hit with fresh
water?

It looks like sailors are voting with their rigs and all entering the
ILCA 6 fleet with now 12 boats signed up. It looks like a highly
competitive fleet with a bunch of good youth sailors along with a to
group of masters!

I believe this is the first time I have seen a dinghy regatta at St
Francis without an ILCA 7 fleet! I'm sorry that I will not be able to
race this weekend but I am sure the ILCA 7s will return in force for the
Spring Dinghy in the Fall!

Anyway, its not too late, get signed up now!
https://www.stfyc.com/default.aspx?p=.NETEventView&ID=3870837&seriesDate=10%2f22%2f2022&qfilter=&title=&type=0&ssid=334939&chgs=

Tracy