HE IS BACK!!!

Chris Boome

Jul 1, 2024, 9:39:55 PMJul 1
to International Laser Class Association District 24
Seven Laser sailors were treated to an awesome day at ACSC on Sunday, perfect breeze for a split group of Full Rigs and Radials.

Obviously the word got out the our President Mike was back which was obviously the reason for the bigger turnout!

We had Mike, Al and a newcomer, Luke Draper who came all the way from England via Fairfield, CA.

In the Radials we had our District Champion David LaPier, Jon Andron, Nathan and me.

We set a weather mark about 7 mins upwind and a starting line to leeward and had a bunch of 2 minute starts and at the weather mark we all bunched up again for the run to leeward so we were always close.

We had the wind come up and go down a couple times with shifts that got up as high as 20 degrees so. This made for lots of tactical opportunities but Al snd David were probably the most consistently in the lead at the weather mark.

We really shouldn’t waste the treasure that is ACSC.

Now that Mike is back, let’s get a dozen if so out there!!

We try to sail Thursday evening and Sat or Sunday…anyone else interested?

Boomer
Heaven Is For Real

Emilio Castelli

Jul 2, 2024, 12:30:41 AMJul 2
to Chris Boome, International Laser Class Association District 24

Meanwhile, I was experimenting with a new rig in the circle…

Emilio Castelli

www.castellivineyards.com

--
Discussion forum for International Laser Class Association District 24, covering northern California and Nevada. Topics should include all things Laser (ILCA) and not idle chit chat which should be taken offline from this forum. This site is rated PG.
--
To join this group, email:
international-laser-class-ass...@googlegroups.com
--
To email this group:
international-laser-clas...@googlegroups.com
--
To mute this conversation:
On web Gmail: press m

vlcsnap-2024-07-01-21h26m33s863.png

Al Sargent

Jul 2, 2024, 12:34:58 AMJul 2
to Emilio Castelli, Chris Boome, International Laser Class Association District 24

Chris Boome

Jul 2, 2024, 2:34:31 AMJul 2
to Emilio Castelli, International Laser Class Association District 24
Emilio,

No carbon top section?
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 1, 2024, at 9:30 PM, Emilio Castelli <emi...@castellivineyards.com> wrote:

<vlcsnap-2024-07-01-21h26m33s863.png>

Emilio Castelli

Jul 2, 2024, 10:28:20 AMJul 2
to Chris Boome, International Laser Class Association District 24

Old alu top, broke after capsize.

Toshi towed me back to Richmond.

I didn’t think a Laser could tow another laser.

Buff Wendt

Jul 2, 2024, 11:08:50 AMJul 2
to Emilio Castelli, Chris Boome, International Laser Class Association District 24
You guys have gone to the next level.!!!   I need to remind myself that I once sailed these boats and visit someday!

Buff

Chris Boome

Jul 2, 2024, 12:04:36 PMJul 2
to Buff Wendt, Emilio Castelli, International Laser Class Association District 24
TOSHI IS BACK TOO!!!!

Awesome.

Heaven Is For Real

david lapier

Jul 2, 2024, 1:25:36 PMJul 2
to Chris Boome, International Laser Class Association District 24
I had a good time on Sunday and learned some things too -- and it happened to be a very easy drive to Alameda this week.

I am good with trips to RYC or ACSC.

I will be going out in Redwood City on Wednesday, July 3.   I expect to launch at 1:00 and sail to 3:00.
* WIndward/leeward on the bay (unless the flood is fierce)
* some practice starts with low speed handling,
* maybe mark roundings in the harbor.
* On the slow part of the run-in from bay, sail no-handed, and/or exaggerated s-turns
* Plenty of hiking -- close hauled on port for 20 minutes to reach the bay..

Also, if you have never experienced the RWC speed-run -- a broad/beam reach in 15-20 on perfectly smooth water, you are missing out on 5 minutes of exhilaration.

David
216613

Chris Boome

Jul 2, 2024, 1:33:44 PMJul 2
to david lapier, International Laser Class Association District 24
David d,

I can’t make it on Wed but will definitely make the trip over soon…that reach in from the bay in a hood breeze is worth the drive, maybe we should look to set up a practice that starts 2 hours before low tide to get out easy and have more waves gor practicing downwind.

Have you ever left from Westpoint?

Heaven Is For Real