Re: D24 Forum Richmond midwinters

Julian Soto

Jan 14, 2023, 5:00:16 PM1/14/23
to david lapier, Talia Hamlin, Emilio Castelli, International Laser Class Association District 24

Sent from my [fill in the blank]

On Jan 2, 2023, at 12:38 PM, Julian Soto <mindbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I’m in for the RYC mid winters. I’ll to get the kids to go. Can’t wait for the social

Sent from my [fill in the blank]

On Dec 6, 2022, at 4:17 PM, david lapier <deela...@gmail.com> wrote:

Taliak:
Your starting strategy is good learning for all of us.  In the photo, that committee boat is huge!  Big wind shadow from that beast.  I like the idea of social at RYC in Jan,  The club serves dinner on Sunday I think, and its not expensive.  That would probably be the best option.  Club members can best answer what would be OK.  Keep on racing and baking pies too!

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 8:22 PM Talia Hamlin <Ta...@usa22201.com> wrote:
Hi Emilio! Hi everyone!

I was sailing in Sarasota for the D13 Champs,
since I was already in FL for the ODP Racing Clinic, the weekend before.

The weather was warm as usual, like 70-76.
And the wind was very light… only 1 race on Saturday, with a lot of red algae!!
Sunday was a bit better wind with less red algae though.
2 races were completed, with about 4-12 knots, 4-6 in the first race, and 8-12 in the second.
There wasn’t much current, but a slight current pushing down at about 1/2- 1 boat length per minute.

I sailed in the ILCA 6 fleet, instead of ILCA 4 this time. It’s not because I was expecting the light winds, but the ODP event was only for ILCA 6, so I only brought ILCA 6 sails.

Start line was pin-favored on all the starts, and had just enough space for the entire fleet, if they lined up on the line. However, many people were in a line sag, or they were clumped at the pin.

On the other hand, I started at the boat every race, because I decided that in the light winds, the favored side clumped with people would not work better over the unfavored side with lots of clear air. I was able to have clean starts and get off the line with a clear lane.

A total of 67 boats sailed for the ILCA 6 fleet, and I finished in 8th overall. I think my light weight did benefit me during the light winds, although my best race was during 12 knots.

<image.jpg>

I’m returning home tonight, and will be in SF for 12 days.
Then, I have to go back to FL on 12/18 for another clinic, and then followed by Orange Bowl regatta 12/26 - 12/30.

So if there’s any sailing going on this weekend at ACSC, I’d love to join and see you all!

About the Richmond Midwinters - I couldn’t make 12/4 (D13), also won’t be able to make 2/5 (US Open Clearwater), but I should be able to join for next one, on 1/8!
Who are in?
Can we do BBQ afterwards?
I can bake an apple pie!

Sail Happy!
Talia Hamlin, USA 169388

On Dec 4, 2022, at 20:12, Emilio Castelli <emi...@castellivineyards.com> wrote:

So where was everybody?

We had 12 full rigs registered and only 4 showed up.

Good day, no rain,10-15, even some sun once in a while.

Your loss.

Emilio Castelli

www.castellivineyards.com

From: PredictWind Support <sup...@predictwind.com>
Date: Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 7:42 PM
To: <asar...@stanfordalumni.org>

predictwind.com

OnlineiOSAndroidOffshoreIridium GO!

Click here if you wish to unsubscribe from this list.

intercom

Discussion forum for International Laser Class Association - - ---District 24, covering northern California and Nevada. Topics should include all things (ILCA) Laser and not idle chit chat which should be taken offline from this forum. This site is rated PG.
To join this group, email international-laser-class-ass...@googlegroups.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Laser Class Association District 24" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/international-laser-class-association-district-24/CAP8fJnxFyJRvtkGX%2BP2xMEQF2CR%2BvgvLgVPc45vh_2%2By%2Bu2G-w%40mail.gmail.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/international-laser-class-association-district-24/03b301d9085f%24d80630e0%24881292a0%24%40castellivineyards.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/international-laser-class-association-district-24/1E63D63D-535A-42BA-B38C-65329DF91129%40usa22201.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/international-laser-class-association-district-24/CABcrx2JyNBr0NGXgbvdj-%2B%2Bm%2Bkd-OA3%2BbeHq92znohO7Ox6nmQ%40mail.gmail.com.