Rigging Guide

Julian Soto

Jan 16, 2023, 2:44:51 PM1/16/23
to Ilca group
If you ever find yourself forgetting how to rig the ILCA, I made a video of how to rig the boat and the gear that I used.
See link below. Enjoy!

Marcel Sloane

Jan 16, 2023, 3:23:57 PM1/16/23
to Julian Soto, Ilca group
Julian,

You mention on our boomvang video that the new bigger upper block is a "must have". Can you expand on that a bit?  The Allen block is really pricey.  Can you actually feel the difference between it and the older Harken version?  I appreciate the feedback from you or anyone else who made the upgrade.

Cheers, -Marcel

Marcel Sloane

REM  |  Revel Environmental Manufacturing, Inc.

960-B Detroit Ave | Concord, CA 94518

Off: 925-676-4736 | Fax: 925-676-8676 | Mob: 925-858-8005

mar...@remfilters.com | www.remfilters.com

--
Discussion forum for International Laser Class Association - - ---District 24, covering northern California and Nevada. Topics should include all things (ILCA) Laser and not idle chit chat which should be taken offline from this forum. This site is rated PG.
To join this group, email international-laser-class-ass...@googlegroups.com

Julian Soto

Jan 16, 2023, 10:36:55 PM1/16/23
to Marcel Sloane, Ilca group
Hey Marcel,
The new block sheave is wider30mm vs 25mm, less rubbing on the line and allows more wiggle room for the line to twist when tacking or gybing. The bearings are much smoother so less friction and holds higher loads. There is another option though it just doesn’t come with the vang tang. https://www.watersportsoutlet.com/allen-brothers-30mm-extreme-high-load-dynamic-block-a2030-blue-p-26962.html

Sent from my [fill in the blank]

Marcel Sloane