#DontCut

dallieresophie

Jun 16, 2022, 7:58:12 PM6/16/22
to The Bodyguards - General Forum
Dear colleagues of the world

Today 06/16 is the World Day of the African Child.
The intactivists of French-speaking Africa wanted to launch the hashtag #DontCut.

A Chadian woman dared to post it on her FB and a great conversation took place all day long in total benevolence and rather in a joking tone.
The publication was shared by a journalist from the national TV and a famous lawyer. Politicians also reacted.

A Chadian urologist asked me to train him and will join in the next few days the group of doctors and influencers (all African) that I created on messenger. This evening he considers himself 65% convinced. He will be the 3rd Chadian urologist to join the group.

Chad had taken for theme this year: Elimination of harmful practices affecting children
It is a small country (15 million inhabitants) with a Muslim majority (52%, 10% animists and the rest Christians). French and Arabic are the official languages of this country in central Africa (former French colony)

The origin of my contact with Chad is a doctor who wanted to do a thesis on the excision of girls and the circumcision of boys (but mainly to show the difference in treatment of the 2 mutilations in the world). DaC made its database available to him for this purpose. I was able to attend his defense by video. He got an honorable grade of 13/20 (just below what would have allowed him to be published).

It was a beautiful and exciting day.

Good reaction from the Arab world as well but little reaction from the American side (sniff). Some surprises also on the side of the anti FGM groups.

Sophie
#DontCut

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)