Planning International BarCamp Copenhagen 2010 #bccph10 coordination needed ;-)

Kim Bach

Jul 6, 2010, 8:15:04 PM7/6/10
to internation...@googlegroups.com
http://barcamp.org/BarCampCopenhagen

Date is tentative too!

Kind regards

Kim Bach

Jul 6, 2010, 8:53:02 PM7/6/10
to internation...@googlegroups.com
My attempt at some fightclub rules ;-)

ps. This will be an "International BarCamp", the rules are
dead-simple, there has to be consensus on the language to use for the
sessions among the participants, in pratice that means that ALL
sessions will be held in English, and that we encourage ALL to drop
their mothertounge when networking! (it your mothertounge happens to
be English, the rules are that you HAVE to drop that too, learn some
languages for crying out loud. I'm fluent in Danish (includes
Norwegian and Swedish) and English and have workable knowledge of
German and French, has been know to pick up Italian in a week and
anabafhem arabic schweje (my OWN translitteration ;-))

Kim Bach

Jul 6, 2010, 9:02:28 PM7/6/10
to internation...@googlegroups.com
new version:

ps. This will be an International BarCamp:
The rules are
dead-simple

1. The first rule of International BarCamp is the first rule of
International BarCamp (hat tip to http://xkcd.com/ and the Tautology
Club)

2. There has to be consensus on the language to use for the

sessions among the participants, in pratice that means that ALL
sessions will be held in English,

3. We encourage ALL to drop

their mothertounge when networking! (it your mothertounge happens to
be English, the rules are that you HAVE to drop that too, learn some
languages for crying out loud. I'm fluent in Danish (includes
Norwegian and Swedish) and English and have workable knowledge of
German and French, has been know to pick up Italian in a week and
anabafhem arabic schweje (my OWN translitteration ;-))

4. Rules are meant to be broken ;-)

5. Broken rules should be replaced by unbroken ones ;-)

Oliver Gassner

Jul 7, 2010, 12:29:42 AM7/7/10
to internation...@googlegroups.com

Hi
i like the hinter on networking.

imo it makes little sense to have a session in English if all in a session speak German French ir Danish (all the same language).

also a hint that the language for wiki blog newsletters and announcements should be english is essential.

i like humor but think we should keep the rules low noise ;)

** mail vom smartphone. sorry fuer die kuerze und ggf. vertipper
+49 179 297 23 42

Kim Bach

Jul 7, 2010, 12:30:51 AM7/7/10
to internation...@googlegroups.com
sure, it's a draft, and I can roll my own ;-)

Kim Bach

Jul 7, 2010, 12:31:57 AM7/7/10
to internation...@googlegroups.com
(what I meant was that the session should be in French if only ONE
requests it - regardless if he's the ONLY one speaking it, that is
democracy 0.1 ;-) - not being really serious here ;-))

Kim Bach

Jul 7, 2010, 12:36:03 AM7/7/10
to internation...@googlegroups.com
((but I've been at five International barcamps now, and the only ones
with real international feeling were the three I've co-hosted
myself...why is that, it's because I didn't notice what language we
spoke, of the two International BarCamps I attended in Germany,
Bodensee was close to making me feel comfortable, and I promise that
I'll participate FOR REAL next time! It's just a bit overwhelming to
try to network when everyone speaks german, that is why the werewolf
game is such a great icebreaker, and you did like the seer ;-))

Will stop being noisy now, it's because I've lost my job, and now have
time for important things, like organising a BarCamp in Copenhagen :-)

Oliver Gassner

Jul 7, 2010, 1:41:31 AM7/7/10
to internation...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as I said, the hint to try to keep the networking also to englisgh is great

I thought maybe to note an (i) on the name tag to designate
international visitors so everybody could switch to english if they
join a round.

I had that effectr at BlogOpen in Serbia, I brought Robert along who
was half Croatian, and he spok SerboCroatic all the time ;)
So I sat far from him so that ppl would talk english to me ;)

With 'noisy' I meant we should not add 'pure fun' points to the rules
(for now at least ;) )

Jobs are overrated.
I just do fun stuff and find ppl who pay me for it ;)

Oliver