First impressions of a new Medley user

Paolo Amoroso

Jan 8, 2023, 8:28:48 AM1/8/23
to Medley Interlisp Users/Interest
I recently began using Medley and I thought I'd share my first impressions and feedback: My encounter with Medley Interlisp. I wrote about why Medley is different, the challenges of learning the system, how I plan to use it, and more.

Paolo Amoroso

Jan 8, 2023, 1:36:32 PM1/8/23
On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 2:28:48 PM UTC+1 Paolo Amoroso wrote:
I recently began using Medley and I thought I'd share my first impressions and feedback: My encounter with Medley Interlisp. I wrote about why Medley is different, the challenges of learning the system, how I plan to use it, and more.

It looks like someone shared my post on Hacker News and it's picking up some steam, so far I've got over 3.9K views over the past 5 hours.

Larry Masinter

Jan 8, 2023, 3:41:06 PM1/8/23
to Paolo Amoroso, Medley Interlisp Users/Interest
Liked the post… only correction is that medley online doesn’t run IN the browser but on an aws docker instance

--
LarryMasinter.net

On Jan 8, 2023, at 10:36 AM Paolo Amoroso <paolo....@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 2:28:48 PM UTC+1 Paolo Amoroso wrote:
I recently began using Medley and I thought I'd share my first impressions and feedback: My encounter with Medley Interlisp. I wrote about why Medley is different, the challenges of learning the system, how I plan to use it, and more.

It looks like someone shared my post on Hacker News and it's picking up some steam, so far I've got over 3.9K views over the past 5 hours.

--
https://Interlisp.org for more details
---

Tim Daly

Jan 8, 2023, 11:54:40 PM1/8/23
to Larry Masinter, Paolo Amoroso, Medley Interlisp Users/Interest
(new here... I'm Tim Daly)

I saw the post on Hacker News which is how I got a contact.

Tim

Paolo Amoroso

Jan 9, 2023, 6:09:14 AM1/9/23
to Medley Interlisp Users/Interest
Thank you Larry, your feedback is much appreciated. You're of course right about the browser, it was an over-oversimplifcation.

My post ended up on the front page of Hacker News, where it still is after climbing up to number 5. The post got 24K views on my blog, and counting. I hope the Online Medley infrastructure isn't being shaken too much :-) I'm really happy Medley is getting some more than very well deserved attention, also from Tim (welcome!).