IRM question

Alexander Shendi

Sep 20, 2021, 11:58:57 AM9/20/21
to inte...@googlegroups.com
Dear list,

I have a question about the Interlisp Reference Manual (IRM) page 10-1, section "FUNCTION DEFINITION, MANIPULATION AND EVALUATION":

Apparently one defines a function e.g. as follows
(DEFINEQ (FOO (LAMBDA (X Y) (PRINT X) (PRINT Y)))) (FOO)

What irritates me is the second, trailing SEXP, "(FOO)". Can someone explain? What is it I'm not getting?

TIA. HAND.

Best Regards,

/Alexander

Ron Kaplan

Sep 20, 2021, 12:17:47 PM9/20/21
to Alexander Shendi, inte...@googlegroups.com
That’s just the value returned by the DEFINEQ, a list of the names of the functions that were defined. It is not part of the type-in, just the returned value.