Upload/Insert Documents with AeriesAPI

Josh Vogelgesang

Feb 25, 2021, 3:52:22 PM2/25/21
to Interfacing With Aeries
* I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I didn't find anything in the archives. *

Before I spin my wheels too much, is it possible to insert/upload a document (PDF) into the Student Document's record via the Aeries API?

We have two in-house developed systems that generate PDFs for all our student's each trimester. It would be extremely beneficial if these PDFs could just be inserted into the student's records in Aeries.

For example, we have our own report card system that works very well for us. However, its in a separate system from Aeries, and I'd like to just have the end-result PDF that is generated per student, get uploaded into Aeries where it can be referenced in the future... where we can centrally look at a student's report card progression as they advance grade levels.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Praeger

Feb 25, 2021, 4:30:32 PM2/25/21
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com

That is not currently an available option, but a neat idea. We encourage our customers to submit ideas to our Aeries Ideas website https://ideas.aeries.com.

There is a way to do this via SQL. Here is a PowerShell script that shows an example of importing to Report Card History (RHS). Similar concept could be used for student documents, however it sounds like since it’s report card data you might want these PDF files in Report Card History anyway: https://support.aeries.com/support/solutions/articles/14000112977-powershell-mass-upload-pdfs-into-report-card-history

Kevin Praeger

Core Product Manager
Aeries® SIS

Aeries Logo

770 The City Drive South, Suite 6500
Orange, CA 92868

Office: (888) 487-7555

www.aeries.com
ke...@aeries.com

http://www.aeries.com/Media/Default/images/Facebook-outlineicons.png http://www.aeries.com/Media/Default/images/Insta-outlineicons.png http://www.aeries.com/Media/Default/images/Twitter-outlineicons.png

Feb 25, 2021, 5:21:50 PM2/25/21
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com
Hmm... assuming I could make PowerShell interface with my LAMP stack, would it work with the cloud version of Aeries?
--
Josh Vogelgesang
Executive Director of Technology and Operations

Kings River-Hardwick School District
10300 Excelsior Avenue
Hanford, California 93230

www.kingsriverhardwick.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
This email, including body text, email addresses, and attachments, contains information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. This email is for the sole use of the recipient for whom it is intended, which is generally the addressee(s). Only Kings River-Hardwick Elementary School District (KRHSD) employees, or those persons authorized by KRHSD, are authorized to distribute the information contained in this email. Only those recipients to whom this email is intended are authorized to view the information contained within this email. Unless authorized to do so, the intended recipient may not disclose the contents of this email. If the intended recipient is authorized to disclose this information, that recipient must include this confidentiality notice with each disclosure. If you have received this email in error, please immediately inform the sender of the error.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Interfacing With Aeries" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/interfacing-with-aeries/BYAPR08MB3895ACE30FF83A2AC49BC0F5C39E9%40BYAPR08MB3895.namprd08.prod.outlook.com.

Kevin Praeger

Feb 25, 2021, 5:32:36 PM2/25/21
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com
Yes, cloud hosted customers can request access to the SQL database as well. Our support team should be able to assist with that and let you know the procedure. Also, you aren’t necessarily limited to powershell. That was just the tool used here. Any tool that could access SQL could potentially be used. As an alternative, our support team can probably take your PDFs a s do a one-time upload for you if that makes life easier, so you might also ask if that’s a possibility.

Kevin Praeger
Aeries Software

Sent from my iPhone

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 1:30 PM Kevin Praeger <ke...@aeries.com> wrote:

That is not currently an available option, but a neat idea. We encourage our customers to submit ideas to our Aeries Ideas website https://ideas.aeries.com.

There is a way to do this via SQL. Here is a PowerShell script that shows an example of importing to Report Card History (RHS). Similar concept could be used for student documents, however it sounds like since it’s report card data you might want these PDF files in Report Card History anyway: https://support.aeries.com/support/solutions/articles/14000112977-powershell-mass-upload-pdfs-into-report-card-history

Kevin Praeger

Core Product Manager
Aeries® SIS

<image001.png>