Getting student info and updating student eligibilty status

41 skatījums
Pāriet uz pirmo nelasīto ziņojumu

Cecilia Alcantara-Bedford

nelasīta,
2023. gada 18. maijs 11:25:0118.05.23
uz Interfacing With Aeries
Greetings,
Our software processes income surveys and meal applications for school districts and has the ability to evaluate meal status eligibility per student. Currently, our mutual customers integrate Aeries with our software by extracting the student information we need from the Aeries database and, if desired, use the Aeries NSLP Import Utility to import a CSV export from our system. We would like to simplify this process by utilizing the Aeries API, but would like some guidance in narrowing down what sections of the documentation would be relevant for this workflow.
Can the API be used to GET the following student info?
  • Student Number
  • Student Last Name
  • Student First Name
  • Student Birth Date
  • Student Grade
  • Student DC status
  • Student DCR (or Medicaid Reduced) Status
  • Household ID - unique identifier for that student's household
  • School ID - identifier for the school site where the student is enrolled
  • Student's current Meal Status
  • Verification Status
  • Guardian Street Address
  • Guardian City
  • Guardian State
  • Guardian Zip Code
  • Guardian Email Address
  • Guardian Phone Number
I've noticed the Student-Related API End Points appears to require a School Code. If the customer were to provide our software with their desired school sites, could we then use the API to query for the data above for all students at those specified school sites?

Can the API be used to UPDATE the NSLP Code, Start Date, and End Date values for a student?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Jesse Geron

nelasīta,
2023. gada 19. maijs 10:42:1319.05.23
uz Interfacing With Aeries
I believe if you're trying to get all of the students from a school site, you will need a school code. If you have the ID of a particular student, I don't believe the school code is required. You can pull all schools via the API and match on the name to get the code or have your schools provide the code or name as they're listed in Aeries.

I'm pretty certain the starte/end dates for students are exposed. Look for SchoolEnterDate andSchoolLeaveDate in the API docs here: https://support.aeries.com/support/solutions/articles/14000113683-aeries-api-student-related-end-points#Student-Information-Extended-%E2%86%91

If you search that page for NSLP you'll see a couple of endpoints for that as well.

Cecilia Bedford

nelasīta,
2023. gada 19. maijs 17:45:0619.05.23
uz interfacing...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Jesse! I think I'm starting to piece together what we need from the API based on the existing SQL queries our customers currently use for retrieving the student data. It's looking like our development team will need to be able to allow our users to include/exclude school ID codes obtained from the Aeries API as well as indicate which codes from FRE.SRC would indicate a student is Directly Certified Free or Reduced (Medicaid Reduced). My experience with our customers so far is that the codes that can exist in FRE.SRC are not universal, so I'm trying to see if Aeries API can return a list of all the FRE.SRC values for that district rather than the value for a given student.